Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to confess my love for telephoto f/2 lenses! haha!

I want to confess my love for telephoto f/2 lenses! haha!

Okay... so I just answered two posts with the same answer.... EF 200 f/2 IS USM or EF 135 f/2 USM. Aren't these lenses nice?! Great for indoor sports or for outside with INSANE shutter speeds. I love how light and cheap the 135 f/2 is compared to the 200 f/2. Very good deal... it's basically the same size as the new EF 100mm f/2.8 IS USM Macro. Anyone else have such a fancy for those lenses? f/2 rocks!

- Jordan

www.freshphotohawaii.com

Re: I want to confess my love for telephoto f/2 lenses! haha!

Actually, I'm quite taken with the EF 200mm f/2.8L II - it's the same weight and only 1" longer than the 135mm f/2, and very sharp. Trade off is a 50% longer focal length for a stop of aperture (and while I'd like IS and that stop back at 200mm, the 4 lbs and $4500 difference between theEF 200mm f/2.8L II and theEF 200mm f/2L IS is not a trade-off I'm prepared to make!!). Roger of lensrentals.com calls theEF 200mm f/2.8L II, "The best lens nobody knows about."

I would love a 135mm f/2. Also, its not fair that you live in Hawaii, great website.

The 200 f/2.8 is an outdoor sports lens, the 135 f/2 is an indoor sports lens. Yes, they're very physically similar but they really have different purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan
    I want to confess my love for telephoto f/2 lenses!

Why don't you marry it then? Oh wait, you can't, because I already did. []

Heard of "f/8 and be there"? Well I say "f/2 was there already (because it's so fast!)" []

Ha..ha..ha.. too

I have EF135 F2 L awesome hooked to 1D MKII love this lens always give good outcome. EF 200 F2 L i should have purchase it early last year when they sell it at USD$5.5k now its USD6.7k[:@]

Ha..ha..ha.. too

I have EF135 F2 L awesome hooked to 1D MKII love this lens always give good outcome. EF 200 F2 L i should have purchase it early last year when they sell it at USD$5.5k now its USD6.7k[:@]

Haha yeah Hawaii is great! You should check it out here sometime. I'm sad to leave but I'm moving to France to be with my girlfriend. It's the south of France so the weather is quite nice there too (not as nice as here of course - I think Hawaii is one of the best places in the world to be!)

Thanks for the comment on my website too! I like your ShutterFly site. The photo on the main page with the baseball pitcher.... VERY nice! Beautiful bokeh - was that the Sigma 50-150 f/2.8 ? I've been curious about that lens. I've used just about EVERY L-series lens Canon makes (no joke... think the 35mm f/1.4 and the 600 f/4 are the only two I haven't used!) but I haven't use many non-Canon lenses. I used to have a Sigma 17-70 and it was okay but then upgraded to my EF 24-105 f/4 L. Been curious about the Sigma telephotos... what do you think?

- Jordan

www.freshphotohawaii.com

My 135mm f/2 is one of my favorite lenses. I lust after the 200mm f/2 and would like to have a deeper relationship with it, but I'm not sure my wife would approve.

Haha yeah Hawaii is great! You should check it out here sometime. I'm sad to leave but I'm moving to France to be with my girlfriend.

Gee. You poor guy.

Hawaii is my dream place to live because of the night sky. I've never been, though.

The photo on the main page with the baseball pitcher.... VERY nice! Beautiful bokeh - was that the Sigma 50-150 f/2.8 ? I've been curious about that lens.

Southern France? Sounds terrible, you have my sympathies [:P]

Actually the baseball picture was taken with a Canon 300mm f/2.8 IS, sadly rented, not mine. But i do like that Sigma a lot, great for the price. Thanks for the comment on the site!