Hey guys,

So just wanted to say sorry that my first post will be opening up pandora's box. I know this particular comparison is probably the most difficult one to answer, and that's exactly why I'm looking for more opinions.

And here we go!

I'm in the market for a new wide angle lens because my current EF 24-85 f/3.5-4.5 isn't cutting it. The IQ isn't where I need it to be as well as the limits on non-constant aperture. So my options are between the 24-70L f/2.8 and the 24-105L f/4 IS. My current photographic disciplines include wildlife, BIF, photojournalism, and a lot of indoor event photography and my other lens is a 100-400L f/4.5-5.6 IS. Most of the indoor events allow me to use a flash, but I still want the extra shutter speed offered from the f/2.8 of the 24-70 incase I encounter and event where flash is prohibited. However, due to the wildlife portion of my interests, the extra reach and IS of the 24-105 is awesome too. I can only afford one of these lenses otherwise I'd use the 24-105 outdoors and the 24-70 indoors all the time. So I need to pick the lens that will satisfy my needs as best as possible. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike