So this morning while getting ready for work I decided to take my 40D with 85 1.2 attachedalong with me for the short ride (about 3 miles). I randomly do this every so often just in case the sun is shineing right on the countryside, with the early morning fog still lingering....well this morning it wasnt, and the sun ehh wasnt doing anything spectacular.

But about a half mile from work across the small river was a Bald Eagle! Now forthose that get to see them dive into dumpsters like fly's on stink this may not seem like anything spectacular but for me it was. In a 100 mile radius of my house I know of 6 Bald Eagles, and have heard of there being acouple more, but none the less slaming on my breaks was the only thing I thought to do.

So I shot into a driveway that was luckly right beside me, ripped the 85 1.2 off the camera and threw on the longest lens I have! Which unfortunately on the wildlife end of things its a meager 70-200 2.8 IS. I did get the shot, and will display it for all to see after some post processing this evening, but in no way will it compare with Nate, Joel Eade, or Fast Glass. But it just goes to show that you never know what is going to happen, and always be prepared.

Thanks

Joel

Disclamer: No lens was hurt in the making of that picture. []