Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moose- Grant Teton's National Park

6S0A9945 by kayaker72, on Flickr

6S0A0019 by kayaker72, on Flickr

6S0A0053 by kayaker72, on Flickr

6S0A0086 by kayaker72, on Flickr

IMG_9517 by kayaker72, on Flickr

IMG_9563 by kayaker72, on Flickr

These are all from Schwabacher Landing. It was my second stop after shooting sunrise at Moulton Barn. After shooting some reflections in the water, I noticed some excited people from around the corner. As I walked around a corner to see a small crowd gathered around the moose family. I got there after the others and actually tried to keep some distance, so my angles are a bit off. After it was all over, I was definitely more impressed with the moose as some people were probably 5-10 ft away (on trail with moose in small bog just off trail). In the end, the moose grazed calmly, and then exited away from the small crowd. That said, this is one of those, "in retrospect" thoughts, but just because others are doing it does not make it smart or right. A second example of this happened two days later as we say ~6 cars pulled over. As we drove by, we asked and they had just seen a grizzly run across the road and they were going to go try to find it in the thick brush. As we drove away we saw about 10 of them head off into the woods with their camera phones out.
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 08-24-2020 at 01:49 PM.