Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L Series too good for Xsi?

L Series too good for Xsi?

I have been saving for a 300mm f/4 is, but I've heard that I shouldn't invest that much for the xsi. My question is that is there a notice able difference in image quality and sharpness between say the xsi and the 5d mark 2 with this lens attached?

And if any one has sample pictures of the above specs that would be helpfull.[H]

Re: L Series too good for Xsi?

Quote Originally Posted by Cropduster06
    I have been saving for a 300mm f/4 is, but I've heard that I shouldn't invest that much for the xsi.

I say go for it! Your Xsi will thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropduster06
    My question is that is there a notice able difference in image quality and sharpness between say the xsi and the 5d mark 2 with this lens attached?

Yes. They give a different angle of view, though. If you move forward with the 5D2 to get the same angle of view (which is not always possible or desirable), you will get the same angle of view, and the 5D2 image will have better sharpness and quality.

But don't let that stop you. Go for it!

you're doing the right thing, by investing in good glass.

wow thanks guys! i appreciate it. quick replies too[Y]. And as far as i know, when you buy a lens you buy for the long term so i could buy a new camera in the future and always have a good lens.

I first purchased my 300 F4L IS when I owned the original 6.3 megapixel Digital Rebel. It took great pictures on that body. I've since upgraded my body to the 5D MkII and I use it all the time. It's an excellent lens. If you buy good glass, you get to use it a long time on a lot of bodies.

Besides a Sigma maco lens I have nothing but L glass for my XSi and 50D. Bought the XSi body only and a 70-200 F\4 as my "kit lens"

Good glass always rules.

I bought my 17-55 f/2.8 IS and 70-200 f/2.8 L IS when all I had was an XTi. I'm still enjoying the heck out of them now that I own a 50D. And I'll still enjoy both of them when [someday] I own the 7D. :-D

(I've invested too much money in the EF-S line to give it up...those lenses are just too good for me to let go).

Quote Originally Posted by Sinh Nhut Nguyen

you're doing the right thing, by investing in good glass.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I will "second" that quote from nate,...I bought my first "L" lens (24-105) when i was using my 300D Rebel in 2005,...and instantly noticed better IQ!!! and still have it to this day!

here is an example of the 300mm f/2.8 and an XTi. A combo i love, i suppose if you could afford the 5d Mk II go for it, but i get excellent pics with my XTi. Its more about the glass.

1/1600s f/2.8 ISO 400

No glass is too good for any body!

You would keep a lens 10x longer than any body.