Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CS6 Installation Help

CS6 Installation Help

Hi All -

My daughter purchased the CS6 Extended Student/Teacher edition last night to be installed on my computer and I am having major issues with the installation.

Has anyone here gone from a previous version to the new version?

At first it wouldn't install at all but now after letting it run overnight it says it installed but with errors. The major error being that CS6 didn't install! It looks like only the new version of Bridge did (but with errors).

It is probably best if I uninstall everything that was installed and start over. Should I uninstall CS5 first? Could that be the problem, that I have a previous version installed? I didn't want to uninstall it until I knew CS6 was going to work because of all the plug-ins, actions and brushes installed in CS5.

If anyone here has any advice or can walk me through where to go from here I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by ddt0725; 01-19-2013 at 12:44 PM.

The student version MAY be causing an issue. I had to reinstall my cs5 before xmas and that installed with errors, restarted pc went back back to cs5 and it worked ok, give that a try first. if not Go online to adobe and wait for chat.
    I aint a pro

I have both CS5 and CS6 installed on my work PC. They should install side by side. Check to make sure you have enough space on your hard drive.

Did it say what the errors were?
    Mark - Flickr

I had a lot of hassles when I installed CS6 the main problem was that I had downloaded the free trial version and the expiry time had run out. The drama was that I had not done a proper uninstall of that trial and conflicts and errors occurred.
    I searched the adobe forums and spoke to their repsand it took a while to figure it out. Some thing about registry files and the serial numbers. It was very frustrating because when it installs there are so many readers and viewers that get installed each time.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Adobe chat told me I needed to uninstall CS5 extended first so I did and I still couldn't install CS6 extended! So then I attempted to reinstall CS5 and couldn't do that either! So now I don't have CS5, CS6 or $229 since it is non-refundable! Needless to say, I am NOT a happy person right now!

When I copied and pasted the lengthy error log after attempting to load CS6 onto the chat board. That rep told me to contact customer service on Monday.

The error log listed a bunch of stuff that is completely foreign but I do recall seeing a great deal of Microsoft issues listed such as Visual C++ stuff.

So, our next project in progress is doing another complete overhaul of my computer. Uninstalling everything, reinstalling Windows 7 Professional (or maybe 8) and see what happens then. This is going to take days either way!

I vow to NEVER EVER update any program ever again!

EDIT: I just saw the new assignment is seeing red! Maybe I should do a self portrait! LOL!

Re: CS6 Installation Help

Stick with windows 7 64bit.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke View Post
    Stick with windows 7 64bit.
    I think I would prefer to but she says 8 is faster. Both are free so I don't know which to go with when we are ready to install one. Why do you suggest sticking with 7 64 but?

Re: CS6 Installation Help

Should be in most cases, but some programs/plugins aren't quite up to snuff with new versions. And version 8 looks quite a bit different and not quite "done" (read: Vista)
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

EWWW ...you have convinced me! I had ME & Vista! I will stick with my philosophy to not upgrade any program for newer versions and stick with 7! Faster sure sounded tempting though ...but that is what got me into all this trouble trying to go to CS6!

I've been using Windows 8 Pro for a few months now. Upgraded when I bought a new SSD and because the upgrade offer was cheap. Haven't seen any noticeable real world performance boost though. Just some minor nice improvements in general file explorer and task manager for example. The new "Modern UI aka Metro" start screen is quite a dramatic difference from 7 and will need some getting used to. But on the other hand when I have everything set up I'm staying in the regular Desktop mode 99% of the time and it doesn't feel any different from 7.

All my software works fine on 8 so no problems there including the few Lightroom 4 plugins I use. I'm using the Adobe Creative Cloud membership Student & Teacher Edition. Installed everything fresh when getting the new SSD so can't really offer any help regarding installation issues other than it makes a world of difference to completely install everything fresh. Your computer will feel so much faster after that and if you don't have an SSD yet as a boot drive I highly recommend upgrading to one at the same time you are doing the re-installation. A new SSD to replace a mechanical hard drive is the single best PC part upgrade I have done in 5+ years and really makes a big difference in everything you do with your computer.