Thread: RF 24-70mm F/2.8 L IS USM Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    For us non Pro's my personal opinion on all the RF lenses is they are not worth the upgrade cost if you live on a tight budget. You are a paying a substantial amount for the upgrade to get a very small fraction of improvement, if any.
    Eventually the rationale of having native glass for my camera bodies, not using adapters, etc, will win me over. But I am still happy with my EF glass waiting for something like an RF 50-135 f/2; 200-500 f/4, 14-20 f/2, 100 f/1.4 or smaller and lighter weight compared to what I have.

Barring the 50-135 f/2 type of lens, I expect the 70-200 f/2.8 to end up in my bag. If it has better bokeh than my 70-200 f/2.8 II IS, great. But, it'll primarily be about size/weight/native glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Barring the 50-135 f/2 type of lens, I expect the 70-200 f/2.8 to end up in my bag. If it has better bokeh than my 70-200 f/2.8 II IS, great. But, it'll primarily be about size/weight/native glass.
    The older I get the more appealing the size-weight thing becomes.
    With the 70-200mm versions I have had I have never remember saying I liked it for its wonderful bokeh. I could always do a quick test of sample pics of the two if any one was really interested in seeing it.
    IMO size is the reason to buy it.