Thread: Delta or UPS which way to send my babies to Yellowstone

Delta or UPS which way to send my babies to Yellowstone

I am headed to West Yellowstone for a 9 day stay in a friends cabin the first week of August.

At first I was thinking of just taking my landscape gear, but I really just can't bring myself to leave the my 500mm and 300mm L's at home.

Which means I will be buying a hard case to ship them. Which brings up the question.

I am sure Delta can take the hard case, and maybe even get it there without loosing it. But there is a store in West Yellowstone that specializes in drop shipping, I could ship them UPS there and back. At least with UPS I could track them. It will cost a few extra bucks to go UPS but that is not an issue with meconcidering the value of the lenses and the chance of not having my lenses to use.

Any thoughts on this?

Re: Delta or UPS which way to send my babies to Yellowstone

The safest method is to buy the lenses their own plane ticket so they can sit with you, but that

I second Daniel

I would look into a carry on bag like the Think Tank Airport International .... according to TSA you are allowed an extra carry on specifically for photo gear....check with your airline....on my recent trip to Scotland the above mentioned bag fit in the overhead even on small regional jets. I would not want to put those lenses in any kind of checked in luggage, they could easily disappear!

Well, I am going to North Carolina outer banks next week---the wife wanted to fly.........But I chose to drive just so I could carry "and monitor" my gear. If I couldn
    Bob

Thanks for the responses, I like Daniels advice of buying a second ticket. But for $450 bucks his second suggestion is the way I am going to go. Either UPS or FedEX. The more I think about it I may ship up camping and fishing gear as well.

I woudl try and take it as carry on, but I am going to have another bag with the 1D IV, 5D and 70-200mm that I am carrying on. Delta allows 1 carry on.

thekingb....good advice. The people in the story actualy saw the bear once before they encounted it again, it didn

UPS of course...being that I am one of the Brown Army myself. but FedX is an okay rival!! sounds like a great trip!! Have fun!!