This hasn't been getting much discussion here, and it isn't even released in North America, but the M3 is looking like a nice upgrade from my current M1. Enough so that I am considering it.

A few of the spec advantages are a pop-up flash (probably only good for fill light), faster AF, articulating screen, 24 MP vs 18 MP, has the optional EVF, etc. But what I was waiting for was reviews of the sensor, noise, etc and here is the M3 vs M1/7DII. Generally, it is looking like ~0.5 stop improvement over the M1 and is even a tick better than the 7DII sensor here or there, but that may simply be due to different rates of compression. But, it is always better than being a tick worse.

That said, I have found myself never using my EF lenses on the M1 even though I have the adaptor. Instead, I have been tempted to expand my EF-M lens lineup to essentially create a "small kit" to sometimes take with me instead of my larger (5DIII based) kit. But, at that point, there isn't much reason to use the Canon and perhaps I would be better off with another system.

So, that is what I am curious about. What is everyone using for their "smaller" kits? Has anyone ventured to the Sony A6000? Is there a truly pocketable camera people like (RX100? GX7? S120?)? I may upgrade or sit tight with my current kit(s). If nothing else, I wanted to see if anyone else was looking at the M3 and the smaller kit options.