Page 345 of 397 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 3967

Thread: Post your best current shots

Very cool, Brant.
    Mark - Flickr

+1

One of the top shots on my bucket list (a raptor with a fish in its claws).
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

I found an interesting Lightroom adjustment tool near the bottom of the Develop list, which I used to ignore. If you go under 'Camera Calibration' and click on Profile, you will note that Adobe Standard is the default setting. But if you change it to Camera Landscape, more often than not it will improve the image. I now do this as one of my very first adjustments, as it saves a lot of time. Here is an example using one of my favourite shots from my recent trip to central British Columbia:

Adobe Standard:

Camera Landscape:

It seems to add just the right amount of 'pop' to the image. Has anyone else been using this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A39Q6701-2.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	2500   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A39Q6701-3.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	2501  

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    I found an interesting Lightroom adjustment tool near the bottom of the Develop list, which I used to ignore. If you go under 'Camera Calibration' and click on Profile, you will note that Adobe Standard is the default setting. But if you change it to Camera Landscape, more often than not it will improve the image. I now do this as one of my very first adjustments, as it saves a lot of time.

It seems to add just the right amount of 'pop' to the image. Has anyone else been using this?
    Not exactly but almost. I have a default preset for new photos imported into LR, and one of the settings in that preset is that it sets camera calibration to "Camera Standard" rather than "Adobe Standard". LR's "Camera Standard" doesn't really look like Canon's "Standard" setting, but still I believe it gives a much better starting point than "Adobe Standard".

By the way, great shot of the bear in its natural environment. The autumn colors themselves would have made a nice shot, and when a bear is added like this it becomes great.

I found an interesting Lightroom adjustment tool near the bottom of the Develop list, which I used to ignore. If you go under 'Camera Calibration' and click on Profile, you will note that Adobe Standard is the default setting. But if you change it to Camera Landscape, more often than not it will improve the image. I now do this as one of my very first adjustments, as it saves a lot of time. Here is an example using one of my favourite shots from my recent trip to central British Columbia:

Adobe Standard:

Camera Landscape:

Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Jamsus

I found an interesting Lightroom adjustment tool near the bottom of the Develop list, which I used to ignore. If you go under 'Camera Calibration' and click on Profile, you will note that Adobe Standard is the default setting. But if you change it to Camera Landscape, more often than not it will improve the image. I now do this as one of my very first adjustments, as it saves a lot of time. Here is an example using one of my favourite shots from my recent trip to central British Columbia

I am wondering if you have the images reversed or maybe it's just me but the top image seems to have more vibrance and contrast in the trees while the bear and the river both look a little sharper to my eye. Maybe it's just my poor vision but I kinda like the top one best?

i was thinking the exact same thing as Joel.
    Stuart Edwards
    1DX Mark II , 6D , Samyang 14mm f2.8 ,Sigma 85mm f1.4A , 24-105mm f/4L IS , 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II ,100-400 f5.6L II , 300mm f/2.8L II , EF 1.4x III , EF 2x III, 430EX II

Quote Originally Posted by sedwards View Post
    i was thinking the exact same thing as Joel.
    Interesting! Nope, the Adobe Standard one is first. Maybe it's a monitor calibration thing. On mine, the lower image shows brighter orange and a bit more contrast. Anyhow, a chacun son gout, as we say up here! Thanks for the feedback.

Must be the monitor....I am on a 15 in MacBook Pro (vintage 2010)

Expect it will vary with monitors. On laptop at work the Standard looked better. On calibrated graphics monitor the differences are more subtle favouring the Landscape version. It seems that the red and green channels have been slightly more saturated and sharpening has been increased a bit more. Not as enhanced as Velvia though.
    It is also possible to use colour cards to create custom profiles for a shoot where the lighting will remain constant.
    Working a bunch in studio product genre I do take a shot of a colour card to create profiles for the purpose of colour accuracy just in case I won't be able to get it right with WB adjustments. Back when using LightRoom I used that feature a lot. In ACR it is just in a different spot with its own tab.
    Capture One uses their own camera profiles which are more colour accurate than Adobe's. Most of the time a white balance tweak, one click on the proper patch, brings everything in line.