Thread: Making The Switch - Should I do it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks, Dave. I knew you had something set-up that you shared once before. Getting something going is going to be my winter project!

I think I have done all the research reading and picture viewing of photos taken with various cameras than I can possibly handle anymore and I have made a decision. I am definitely going with the 6d II and Fuji X-T2! If I don't like it, I will just have to return it.

Tomorrow I will start taking pics, pricing and selling my gear. Hopefully, I will make enough to get both of those at an awesome price and one lens to start off with for the Fuji. I have my eye on a couple! From what I understand, my Sigma for Canon crop sensor lenses will work with the Fuji with an adapter, right?

Thank you so, so much everyone for helping me think my way through this. Now, I am not so depressed of having to stop shooting completely and feeling positive now!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Thanks, Dave. I knew you had something set-up that you shared once before. Getting something going is going to be my winter project!

I think I have done all the research reading and picture viewing of photos taken with various cameras than I can possibly handle anymore and I have made a decision. I am definitely going with the 6d II and Fuji X-T2! If I don't like it, I will just have to return it.

Tomorrow I will start taking pics, pricing and selling my gear. Hopefully, I will make enough to get both of those at an awesome price and one lens to start off with for the Fuji. I have my eye on a couple! From what I understand, my Sigma for Canon crop sensor lenses will work with the Fuji with an adapter, right?

Thank you so, so much everyone for helping me think my way through this. Now, I am not so depressed of having to stop shooting completely and feeling positive now!
    No problem, I've actually used the light box for a lot of stuff. Here's a 2 flash setup using it (just a play around shot here):

2016_02_06_15345_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

I don't think a Canon EF lens will have aperature control or autofocus on a Fuji. Fuji glass is supposed to be really good, you're probably best off using Fuji glass on the Fuji camera.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Throgmartin; 11-08-2017 at 01:46 AM.