Thread: After the freeze

After the freeze

The dog wasn't quite sure what to think...

Canon 5d MkII, EF 50mm f/1.4 @ f/1.6, 1/8000, ISO 100

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.22.83/50mm-test-IMG_5F00_1021.jpg[/img]

Re: After the freeze

Technically, the picture is very sound. BTW, is that truevignetting or a result of post processing?

Compositionwise, I would crop tighter and move the subject off center,likely using rule of thirds.

Point taken relative to the crop. The shot is right out of the camera. No adjustments or manipulation at all.

As a pet owner andphotographer, I'dalso like to comment on story telling part of this picture.I assume you are emotionally attached to that sheltieand enjoy any funny thing that he/she comes up with,so the photographis more precious to you than to other veiwers.I'm sureother pet owners will appreciate the picture (I do), but it's safe to say, not as much as you do. On the other hand, for an "animal layman",this photographmay be nothing more than a dog staringat the grass...I think that thisobservation can be applied to any type of photography. Anyway, my point is thatmaybe your pupshould have beencaught doingsomething considered "cool" among both animal lovers and not-such-lovers...Just a thought...

I've been dealing with thisissue myself for a while...

PSThe bokeh on a full frame is just sick... I really want one of those babies