Sorry this is a bit off topic...

I wrote on a related topic about swoopo.com pretty much being a scam, and Bryan (because he is a highly ethical guy) made sure to remove them from being able to advertise on TDP.com. But is anyone else getting fed up with the Camera scammers who try to say they will sell you a $1500 camera for $1000 bucks?!

There are so many companies doing this, and they are getting away with it because Google doesn't screen who they are advertising. I have gotten at least 5 such advertisements from different companies in my gmail. I think: "this is too good to be true" and I google "company name + review (or "scam")" and inevitably, there are a hundred reviews of the company out there where people ordered from them, the next day they get a call where they are pressured or threatened to pay exorbitantly for included accessories....a basic bait and switch. I warned a friend off of a company called Broadway Photo, and my in-laws fell for one of these scams trying to buy a point-and-shoot. And it is not just Google advertising. Many times when I check price-histories on NexTag.com, the price-lowballing company is one of these scammers. I have never fallen for one of these, but I think enough is enough because there are people out there who don't know better!

I am passionate about this because it is sad, and I think a big, innovative company like Google shouldn't be allowing this kinda thing through their advertising. But I guess the "Almightly Dollar" is more important to them than honest.

Why not start a list here of these fake companies (I don't think any of them actually have a physical address). The ones I can remember are:

Broadway Photo, Pro Photo Nation...I can't remember the others (shoulda' written them down), but I just found a list here:

[url="http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/photo_stores_2006.html]http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/photo_stores_2006.html[/url]

BestPriceCameras <span>

InfinityPhoto <span>

JandKCameras <span>

Broadway Photo

A&amp;M Photo World

Regal Camera

Prestige Camera

Preferred Photo

Wisetronics<span>

Express Cameras

Genius Cameras<span>

RiteBuys<span>

SonicCameras

PricingDepot.com

USAPhotoNation

RadioactiveDeals

BananaBoatCamera

CCICameraCity

HoyBuyElectronics<span>

Century21Electronics<span>

RoyalCamera<span>

TheCameraPros

AllStar Camera Inc

Hopefully by raising awareness on the internet, these criminals will lose there business and have to go back to purse snatching.

<tr>
<td width="244"]
</td>
<td width="145" align="center"]
</td>
</tr>