Thread: GREAT site for Canadian price comparisons

GREAT site for Canadian price comparisons

for everyone on the forums that is canadian, i found this site to compare prices of equipment (for those that didnt know about it). it list all the major dealers, henrys, vistek, b&h, adorama, plus a lot more. it also takes into account all taxes, shipping, and duty fees (if applicable), and gives you a final price in canadian dollars. AND, it may give all my american friends on the forum a nice giggle, and a wow, holy #$&@ to see how much more expensive cameras and lenses are up here.

http://www.photoprice.ca/?man=&cat=00002

Re: GREAT site for Canadian price comparisons

Nice. I just wish they would give Adorama's refurb prices too. It would turn Adorama from one of the most expensive on the list, to the cheapest in some cases.

For the T1i, Adorama showed up as one of the most expensive after exchange rate and shipping, while the refurb would place it as one of the cheapest. Same with the 70-200mm f/4 L USM. For other lenses, like the 85mm f/1.8, Adorama was already the second cheapest option.

Edit: My mistake... for the 70-200 f/4 without IS (which they have a refurb for), it's already one of the cheapest. It's the IS version where Adorama is not one of the cheapest options, and they don't have a refurb available for that right now. As for the T1i kit, the difference between refurb and new is huge.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

While I attempt to buy during Henry's many Canon discount periods, you have still depressed me... []

i'm depressed too.........i want a 100 2.8L macro lens........and the canadian prices make me cry

Mine is more due to past payments, going off current lows...

7D - Could have saved ~$500
    100-400IS - Could have saved ~$300
    24-105IS - Could have saved ~$200

That's $1000 I could have spent frivolously on some other optical device! For shame, for shame...

thank you for posting the link to that site.

That will definitly be something i check out frequently now when shopping around for new lenses.

next up, 18-55mm f 2.8

anyone selling one let me know.

cheers

I've noticed lately, that Henry's sale prices never equal the instant rebate which the sale price is suppose to reflect. A poor decision on their part considering the value of the Canadian dollar, and much cheaper prices south of the border.