Thread: Problems with 5dMK II

Problems with 5dMK II

I have been using this cam for the past three months, oflateI have been facing some funny problem with it. when I switch it on and hit play button it shows the last captured pic for less than a second before it hangs. Another issue is when you switch it on and try and take a pic it goes in the sensor cleaning mode and switches off on its own. In both these situations I need to switch it off and on atleast two times before it becomes normal and I can use it.....

I am trying to figure out as to what has gone wrong.

Re: Problems with 5dMK II

You might have one of those units that is ultra-sensitive to "impure thoughts"....mine isn't, thank goodness!

Take it back and have somebody look at it. It's under warranty and it should behaviour normally, like mine.

This is weird. So make sure you get some service.

I agree something is wrong. Mine has been absolutelyreliable throught the first two weeks and 15 or so photo shoots. Any chance the battery is near dead? My XTi has some really interesting habits when the battery reaches DEAD.

I think something is wrong too. I've shot mine since the middle of December and it's been excellent. There are two things I can think of that you can try out. First, have you upgraded to the latest firmware? If not, perhaps you might have corrupted firmware and an update will eliminate the problems. If that doesn't work, sendit in for repairs. Take advantage of the warranty!

I agree something is wrong. I took few thousands shoots with mine without problem