Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EOS-1D Mark IV

EOS-1D Mark IV

It's on the Canon main website.....

Re: EOS-1D Mark IV

Thats the one I have waiting for------Hmmm, But is it still the 1.3 Crop factor?, My guess is YES. no matter---I want it real bad, guess the mortgage payment"s" will have to wait. Bryan, whats the problem, the picture isn't even on your review list yet[:^)]
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams
    But is it still the 1.3 Crop factor?

Yes. And 16 MP. Looks great!

Do you think the 5d Mark II will be replaced soon? Dual Digic IV, 19 point AF system, built in flash transmitter, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by jcmeza_21

Do you think the 5d Mark II will be replaced soon? Dual Digic IV, 19 point AF system, built in flash transmitter, etc....
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

My guess is no. Canon stated that they were planning a new firmware to enable 24p/25p sometime in the second half of 2010. If there was a replacement 5D Mark III coming out around that time, it would take some of the wind out of the "sales". I'd guess the 5D3 will be at least another 9 months, if not two years like the last upgrade.

I'm dying to buy a 5dMarkII but hesitant of it being replaced. LIke my brother who purchased a Nikon D300 and a few months later the D700 comes out dropping the price of his 300 down!!! Just don't want that to happen to me.

I got the 24-70 L and the 70-200 2.8L IS waiting to be fitted with the 5dMII. 8D

I am wondering why they would drop to 1.3x from the ever popular full frame.

Quote Originally Posted by msmaneri1991

I am wondering why they would drop to 1.3x from the ever popular full frame.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

They never "dropped" to anything. The 1D series has *always* been APS-H format. The 1Ds Mark IV will be announced in 2010.

To go from the MK3 to MK4 feels like to go from 2009 Porsche Turbo to 2010 Porsche Turbo - it's a newer, better engineered car, but overall it's exactly the same as the old one that share the same frog like exterior. So not a revolution at all.

On the other hand, to jump from Nikon D2H to D3, D2x to D3x is like to jump from Jaguar X-Type to XF, from old XJ to the all new XJ - it is a revolution in every measurable way.

Can't believe in two and half years Canon didn't even change a thing on ergonomics given that the ergonomics on the MK3 is not exactly perfect, and it look exactly the same too. I remember Canon has once been know by its innovative steps, but with the MK4 it's different.

Finally, an 1.3x sensor is found once again.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but I'm disappointed.

Ben