Thread: Question about selling my 5d Mk II and 7d bodies

Question about selling my 5d Mk II and 7d bodies

5d is sold. 7d is "maybe" sold but I'm not certain. FYI the 5d went for $1500 and the 7d price is $1k. Thanks for the replies. gary

I am preparing to sell my 5d Mk II body but can't find anything to indicate what I should ask. It was bought new USA from B&H and comes with everything that came in the box. I can see zero defects or scratches but my eyes aren't the best so it probably has some very fine signs of use. Shutter count is just under 10k. I've never cleaned the sensor (chicken) but my 24-105 has pretty much lived on the body. The 70-200 has lived on my 7d. I'm planning to downsize to just the Mk III and live with changing lenses on occasion. FWIW I'll be selling the 7d body with a similar shutter count/condition but I think a collegue wants it.

So, any ideas on what's reasonable pricing? I'm not looking to get every penny possible but don't want to get taken either. I've got a disturbing history of buying high/selling low.

Thanks for any info. gary
    Last edited by waltgary; 03-11-2012 at 11:39 AM.

The 5DII was recently available for $1999 brand new, and it's likely that Canon will drop the price back to that level soon (they've stated that it's remaining in the lineup after the 5DIII is released).

There's one on my local Craigslist right now, excellent condition, $1500.

I'll be selling my 5DII after getting a 1D X, and I'll be lucky to get $1700 including the grip (which I might sell separately since it's also compatible with the 5DIII).

In my case I am considering upgrading to the 5DMK3, but either the 7D or the 5DMK2 will have to go. I haven't used the 7D much since picking up the 5D, is it best to sell the 7D? End up with two 5D's and have another body that sits there and hardly gets used??
    Having 2 bodies isn't critical for me, but it is very very handy and my significant other uses the back up from time to time.
    So I'd like to stick to having 2 bodies, but which 2?
    1D X is not in the picture or calculations, I would consider a 3D X landscape camera, if it ever happened. LOL.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Thanks neuroanatomist for the info. I'm going to put it up on craigslist for $1500. That's 500 bucks off (700 at B&H which is where I shop). Given it's condition and light use that seems reasonable to me. Appreciate your taking the time to reply.

Steve U: I too have the 5dMk2 and 7d. I will be going back to a single body in the near future. gary

Pmed you.