Thread: Age of my second hand 1Ds mark II

Age of my second hand 1Ds mark II

Hi everyone,

can anyone tell me how to find out about the age of this particular body? Seller said it was made

in 2007. The series number if it helps is336074. Also its lens mount is not as tight as my other

bodies I used to use. Eventhough seller assured me there is nothing wrong with a slight

loosenes it really worries me as a particular lens on another 1ds mark II body was much more

tight.

Thank you for your advices!

Re: Age of my second hand 1Ds mark II

You should be able to contact Canon with the number to see when it was made.

Also its lens mount is not as tight as my other bodies I used to use.

How is it loose - rotational orvertical or both?

Bob

Thanks Bob

There is some loosenes about a milimeter rotationwise, which ismost obvious with a heavy lense. With a WAit is not that obvious and I think it is within a tolerance. I was wondering if there is any way to fix it.

<span style="font-size: 6pt; color: black; font-family: 'Verdana','sans-serif';"]

<span style="font-size: 11pt; color: black; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif';"]On the body there is a pin that locks the lens and on the lens there is a slot for the pin. The pin should not move sidewise when pushing it with your finger nail. The slot should have a clean edge, not dented or rough. Compare the slot on the telephotowith your other lens, should be similar.<o></o>

<span style="font-size: 11pt; color: black; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif';"]Bob<o></o>