Thread: Post your best current shots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I do know what you mean, Pat. Red roses are difficult to photograph. The one above wasn't too bad right out of camera but most require alot of slider manipulation in ACR to get it just right. Usually, I'm moving the sliders in opposite directions from what I normally do, like for contrast, etc. IMO though, the reds in the one of above are too bright for my liking. I should have toned them down a tad or something, they still don't look natural to me.

If all else fails ...turn red into pink!

IMG_4623 by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    I do know what you mean, Pat. Red roses are difficult to photograph. The one above wasn't too bad right out of camera but most require alot of slider manipulation in ACR to get it just right. Usually, I'm moving the sliders in opposite directions from what I normally do, like for contrast, etc. IMO though, the reds in the one of above are too bright for my liking. I should have toned them down a tad or something, they still don't look natural to me.

If all else fails ...turn red into pink!
    Yes it is a little bright, but at least you do not have those weird dingy spots from the flash. I never thought about going pink (I usually just find a pink one ).
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr