Thread: A Source of Inspiration

A Source of Inspiration

I have been actively taking photos since last October. I am already on my second camera, upgrading from a Rebel XT to a 7D, and have a decent variety of excellent lenses. I have given myself the tools, have removed as many physical road blocks to my creativity as possible in an attempt to reduce the limitations of my vision via inadequate equipment..

I am.. learning. I am growing. I have always been a visual artist, graphite being my medium of choice. Now it is digital, a system built on zeros and ones that has the capability of transcending the human soul.

Paradigms change only a handful of times in an average human
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Re: A Source of Inspiration

Beautiful, Rocco. I too am relatively new to photography. Mother's Day marked the three year anniversary of my love affair with this art form -- ironic because it was actually my wife's complaining about the quality of our pictures that led me to buy her our first DSLR, which I immediately appropriated for myself. [] But I digress...

I love seeing light and color differently. I love capturing the candid shot of joy, innocence, sadness or naughtiness of one of my kids. I love waiting for a new bird (and then longing for the EF 500mm f/4).

I also love this site. Except for a friend of mine who is a semi-pro, this site is my only connection to other people who share the joys of photography. I sometimes feel guilty, as I have learned much more than I have given on this site. So thanks, Rocco, for making me think such nice thoughts tonight.

Brian

Re: A Source of Inspiration

Time for a group hug.

But seriously, nicely chosen words and well said Rocco and Brian.

I
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur