Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The new forum is here!

Wow, now I'm seeing spanish, Lideres and Miembros, Forum, What's new, and vbSoporte (is that even spanish?) in my black bar, blue bar is fine. Wasn't like that yesterday.

I'm not noticing the speed difference, but that's because I'm in aus and our internet is crap, have to write everything by hand and deliver it by courier-roo to the telegram office to get it posted on the net.

One thing about the old forum I liked, was that it auto went to the 'recently updated threads' page first, so I can quickly see what's been updated since my last visit. Does that exist in the new forum, or haven't I found it yet?

And I joined May 31 this year, still got my welcome email. But I don't mind 1970, in a few years we can use it to distinguish those of us who have been around for ages...
    This thing keeps auto-saving, that's nice.

hmmm, ok, now I see the "new posts" on the blue bar, that might not have been there last night.

For some strange reason the main bar is in Spanish or other - what gives?

Edit...

The Navigation bar is a mixture of English and Hispanic.
    Last edited by elmo_2006; 11-10-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Been here for just over 15 minutes and this is crazy fast! So far enjoying the confusion but like anything new, patience and time is a virtue!

Kudos Bryan

What happened to all of Bryan's reviews?
    Brett

LDH01, You can still get to the here: http://www.the-digital-picture.com/

Bryan is aware of the problems with the logo link on this page and is working on the problem.

Hope this helps
    Bob

Bob,

That does help. How about the news section. I check that daily for updates and deals.
    Brett

I like the speed of the new forum, it is a huge improvement.

I notice the forum width here is 750 pixels, but if I post a large photo from flickr the size is automatically reduced to 800 pixels, so it doesn't fit. Is it possible to make the forum wider or to automatically resize pictures to fit the reduced width?

The old problem of being logged out while editing a post seems to have followed me to the new forum.

Bob,

Forgot to ask...How is the sports photography venture taking off?
    Brett

Quote Originally Posted by LDH01 View Post
    Bob,

Forgot to ask...How is the sports photography venture taking off?
    Hmmm, Well, not as well as I hoped. Although I have made a few sales (about $80 profit) its not quite what I was hoping for. But I haven't given up on the idea yet, I just have to figure out how to market it. Even though I have handed out hundreds of business cards, what has seemed to work best is simple word of mouth---Team moms have been my greatest promoter and add agency so far. The following are a few things I think I am doing wrong:

1. Like any business, this requires effort and I have been lazy in regards to soliciting formal permissions from schools and leagues, talking with coaches and parents and handing out a few sample freebies etc.

2. I could have shot alot more games than I have.

3. I got a very late start in the season, so I missed my chance at a couple of local rival games.

4. I am still handing out my "wildlife" business cards-----I need to make new ones with a sports theme.

But....one good thing has come out of this....the hits on my website has trippled in the last two months

So, Although it's fun, and I enjoy shooting the games, I am not sure shooting local sports is lucrative enough to even pay for time, gas, website etc---others have told me this as well. And I am really not convinced that it would ever pay for the right equipment, which I don't have.

I am not giving up yet, I still want to really hit the high school games hard next year before I make any real decisions.
    Bob