Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions Please

Opinions Please

I travel the same highway to and from work every day ...country scenery & a beautiful small lake. I am always glancing at the lake but today on my way home, the other side of the road caught my eye ...a small pond. For about another mile toward home, this pond stuck in my mind so I did a u-turn and went back to take some photos.

For some reason, I feel I just can't get the composition correct or capture the beauty of it that I saw. Here are a few examples. I have alot more but this gives you an idea. Once I figure out how to do this correctly, I want to go back within the next few days and try again. One thing, I did not have a filter on so next time I know I should use my polarizing filter.

I know they look the same but they are either pp differently or cropped alittle differently. Are any of them any good?

Denise

Re: Opinions Please

Wait until the trees are covered with leaves and there are big puffy clouds in the sky that are reflected in the water...

Hi Denise, I like the second to last one the best (wide-angle one), but I
    R6 II --- RF 14-35mm f/4L IS --- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS --- RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS
    70D --- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 --- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS --- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS --- EF 85mm f/1.8

I like the 5th one. A polarizer may help improve but I think its pretty good as is. Clouds Like Sean says would be great but most of the time when the clouds come in the wind picks up and you loose the reflection.

Mark
    Mark

Denise

Second from the bottom is best IMO. Fence in the foreground sets it apart.

I like Sean

Thank you! Sean, I think you nailed it! I

Denise, I like the second one from the bottom too.

I

Hi Denise...

As the members have mentioned, this is a difficult shot nonetheless however I have taken liberty of slightly modifying one of the images that most if not all respondents have acknowledged, hope you like it...(if this is a concern, please let me know and I'll remove the image)...

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/2475.5618236806_5F00_64a20fa2a1_5F00_o_2D00_1.jpg[/img]

I had some time to kill as I'm in between work projects at the moment. IMHO, this seems to be easier on the eye.

[]

Emilio
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

That would make an awesome photo, JJ! I just haven

Quote Originally Posted by elmo_2006

Hi Denise...

As the members have mentioned, this is a difficult shot nonetheless however I have taken liberty of slightly modifying one of the images that most if not all respondents have acknowledged, hope you like it...(if this is a concern, please let me know and I'll remove the image)...

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/2475.5618236806_5F00_64a20fa2a1_5F00_o_2D00_1.jpg[/img]

I had some time to kill as I'm in between work projects at the moment. IMHO, this seems to be easier on the eye.

[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Emilio
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

BIG improvement! Thank you, Emilio! You have proven what I didn't like about it to begin with! My photos are much to drab and you have added just enough brightness and color to make it appealing to the eye! I still would like to capture alittle more green on the trees in a few weeks if I can ...hmmm ...maybe even some birds. There were a few red-winged blackbirds around but we'll see what else this pond attracts soon!

Thank you again, Emilio! Did you use Photoshop for this?

Denise