Thread: Shoulder Bags

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shoulder Bags

Hi all, I have been using the Digital-Picture.com for over a good while now, but I have just recently began to browse the forum, and this is my first post. But enough with the introduction.

I am looking for a new shoulder bag to use on short outings and trips when I wish to only bring my T2i, a couple of lenses, maybe a flash, and some accessories, rather than my heavy backpack that has many extra accessories and equipment that I do not need for most shoots. I have a shoulder bag right now, but its getting old and it is not as big as I would like it to be (internal dimensions are: 10w X 4.5d X 6.5h in inches. Also as reference to size, my big pieces of equipment are a T2i with battery grip, 17-40L, 28 f1.8, tamron 75-300 and 28-80, an old Pentax-k bayonet 50 f1.7, and a promaster 5750 flash). So I would like a bag that is at least a little bigger than my current bag, preferably with a weather cover and a decent amount of protection and padding, since it will be used primarily on outdoor trips. Comfort is not my primary factor, although it is obviously always a plus. Looks are not a big deal either, but no one likes an ugly bag. Also, I don't really like bags that are wide, but not very deep, like some messenger bags are. I do not currently have a tablet or small laptop, but a slot for one would be nice for future purposes.

My price range is around $85-110. The bags that I am currently looking at are the Lowepro Nova sport 17L and 35L (Although the 35l may be bigger than I need), the Nova 200 AW, and the tamrac system 6 and pro 8. I have a small Lowepro toploading bag, so I know how good Lowepro's quality is, but I have never used Tamrac or most other brands before. Also, Bestbuy is the only store near me that has camera bags (and their selection is small), so going to a shop to try them out in person is sadly not an option.

Anywho, I hope I am not asking for too much and I hope this whole post was comprehensible! Thanks for reading and responding!
    Last edited by maylemay; 12-26-2013 at 08:41 PM.