Thread: Computer display

Computer display

It is relatively easy to hook my canon 50D to a TV with the cables.

But this is not a set up for location.

In order to get the image on my laptop I tried the image capture software supplied by canon.
    What I did not like: It captured the file on the computer but not on the CF.
    I also was not impressed with the program in general.

Does anyone have any suggestions on other set ups?

I just want to be able to take some larger groups shots and have my assistant check the on screen image for positioning and blinks. Cant it work as easy as the TV screen?

Re: Computer display

Remember a TV doesn't have the same high resolution as a decent size computer monitor, unless you have a HD TV, but then computer monitors have been displaying HD resolutions for years.

I think HD maxes out at 2mp, and standard TV is 1mp at best. Enough to preview, but nothing compared to our gear.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by iND

It captured the file on the computer but not on the CF.

there's an option under preferences to save images to the memory card as well. I believe that from the little camera control panel thingy you click preferences and there's a tab for memory or something like that. At least that's how it works with the XSi and stock software.