Page 293 of 397 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Thanks Pat!

A few more from the trip. A thunderstorm rolled through just before sunrise on one of the mornings. I rolled out of bed and went out to see what I could get.

Thanks for viewing...Brant
    Very nice - morning thunderstorms are unusual where I come from.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Ben, that's a stunning image of the balloons. I hope you found somewhere less bumpy to land!

Stuart, those are great action shots from the barrel racing.

Brant, I also like the layers in your third shot of the first batch.

I spent the day at a bird reserve, but the view of the water from one of the hides was obscured by tall grasses so I just took a picture of that instead.

Grasses in the Wind by Andrew Stringer, on Flickr

Wow Brant that's some nice lightning. Well captured too.

Andy - the pilot was a superstar. He landed the balloon on the trailer then the guy in the truck drove away slowly as he deflated the balloon so it would fall in a patch with no prickles. Ridiculously impressive! Here's another one from the same morning. This shot's actually been on 500px's front page and most popular travel photo since its upload which is pretty exciting for me.

Cappadocia at Dawn by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor View Post
    Andy - the pilot was a superstar. He landed the balloon on the trailer then the guy in the truck drove away slowly as he deflated the balloon so it would fall in a patch with no prickles. Ridiculously impressive! Here's another one from the same morning. This shot's actually been on 500px's front page and most popular travel photo since its upload which is pretty exciting for me.
    You were lucky with the pilot. Last time I had a balloon ride was in the Serengeti in Tanzania. The pilot crashed into a termite mound as we were coming in to land.

I'm glad your latest picture has received such recognition, but I can't say I'm surprised. Like any good travel shot it just makes me want to be there.

Ah thanks mate. I've just been editing another shot from a few weeks ago in Croatia. Plitvice Lakes National Park is one of those places that should be on everybody's to-do list. Really impressive. I've been toying with a new logo to watermark my pics with too (have had a couple of the good old "borrowed" images incidents over the last couple of weeks) - any comments? It's a hard thing to do well, I'm not graphically creative enough to come up with something unique unfortunately.

Veliki Slap by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Few shots from my New Mexico trip:

My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

The last of my Idaho (Palouse) trip to see family.....

small-4633 by kayaker72, on Flickr

small-4802 by kayaker72, on Flickr

small-4819 by kayaker72, on Flickr

small-4821 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Next up...got some Loon pics to process....

Thanks for viewing....Brant

Great shots here.
    @Ben spectacular holiday shots mate.
    @Andy liking the serenity of the grass shot
    @Dustin great composition from down Mexico way.
    @Brant when do you work? You seem to be able to get away and take great shots at will now. Congrats, nice series.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

I thought i'd take my camera to work today

As i was invited to work from a race circuit called Croft at Darlington, North East England UK

We have a selection of retro Ford to Maserati, Nissan, Audi Lamborghini and the list goes on so I thought i'd share a few photo's

But what I was unsure about was the Shutter Speed, I had it really high (1600) which on all my photo's it made the cars look like they were standing still when really they were doing 100+ mph, I would of like to get some wheel movement in their but I didn't have time to play around with setting ;-(

All photo's are unedited
    Last edited by wilding81; 07-19-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Whoa, this is becoming a tough-act-to-follow thread. Nice landscapes, Brant, Dustin, and Ben.

Not so many wide open spaces for me this week.

Mark - Flickr