Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 Image of the Week #41

Having some fun with the new toy this morning... the 1DX II. I think I'll keep it

Snowy elk

Poser

Quote Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles View Post
    Thanks for sharing, wonderful, just wonderful
    I agree! Great aurora shot and video. I especially like that the Big Dipper is so prominent right in the centre of the frame. Nice and sharp too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Having some fun with the new toy this morning... the 1DX II. I think I'll keep it
    Congratulations.
    That first one is worthy of framing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    Congratulations.
    That first one is worthy of framing.

I meant congratulations on the new camera by the way.

5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    I meant congratulations on the new camera by the way.
    Yes I assumed that was your intent, as opposed to "congratulations for not getting mauled by the angry elk"

The Mark II definitely isn't a huge leap from the original 1DX, but it is great fun to shoot with. It has a ridiculously huge buffer, giving virtually endless shooting at 14 fps with the CFast card (I'll be needing more of those cards...). The touch-screen auto focus in live view is a very nice feature as well. I'll continue to run it through its paces. Hopefully there will be some aurora again soon... I'm itching to see how it will perform.

Well after staring at these shots for what seems like for ever i was able to reluctantly pick just one . This weeks pick is Joel with Cold Kentucky Rain. I really liked every one of the shots this week .Andrea was a close second with Solitary, I really liked the light on that one ! Thanks everyone for letting me choose this week . I consider it an honour each time .
    Stuart Edwards
    1DX Mark II , 6D , Samyang 14mm f2.8 ,Sigma 85mm f1.4A , 24-105mm f/4L IS , 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II ,100-400 f5.6L II , 300mm f/2.8L II , EF 1.4x III , EF 2x III, 430EX II

Quote Originally Posted by sedwards View Post
    Well after staring at these shots for what seems like for ever i was able to reluctantly pick just one . This weeks pick is Joel with Cold Kentucky Rain. I really liked every one of the shots this week .Andrea was a close second with Solitary, I really liked the light on that one ! Thanks everyone for letting me choose this week . I consider it an honour each time .
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I thought Jonathan's Elk would be tough to beat

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I thought Jonathan's Elk would be tough to beat
    Not when you got a fantastic moody image like that! But if we can put my elk in your landscape shot, then we'd really have something!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Not when you got a fantastic moody image like that! But if we can put my elk in your landscape shot, then we'd really have something!
    Ha. That really would be something!

Congrats Joel. Great shot. I really do enjoy the diversity of images we see on the forum.