Hi, I'm finally going DSLR. I've decided on the 40D and I'm trying to pick the best lenses for the types of shots I will be taking. Some of the lens info is getting confusing.

First, I need lens for outdoor sports. I am going for the 70-200mm 2.8L IS USM. I know it's heavy and expensive but I need the IS and fast lens to stop action. When adding a 1.4 TC I'llgetmore reach andbe atf4 which is still very good. I did struggle with opting out of IS but I think I'll regret it. This lens should cover more than sports but I'm afraid I'm not going to want to keep it on the camera all the time.

My next priority would be indoor low light portraits. What is a good choice for lowlight? Should I get a prime or another telephoto? I think I'm going to purchase body only on the 40D. I like the 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM but the price is steep. It's double the price of the kit lens should I decide to get the 28-135 IS that comeswith the camera. I've been reading about the 50mm 1.2, the 85mm 1.2 but which one is better for the 40D?

I'm so new at this that it is hard to really know what I will need. The sports is a must right now but I can see myself being interested in all types of subjects - nature, macro, night scenes, people, buildings, vacation, fireworks.

I guess you can see I'm confused and that's why I'm here seeking direction.

Thanks,L