Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chicago Air Show (new photos added)

Chicago Air Show (new photos added)

Here's a few from last weeks Chicago Air and Water Show.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Rest of the series is available on my site:

www.prphotographyonline.com

Re: Chicago Air Show

Nice captures ltheone....in particular the "warthog", virtually a flying tank...it's a face only a mother could love!

Spectacular!

Any chance of that warthog in wallpaper size? :P (1680x1050) :P

Sure, why not. Here you go:

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.24.97/warthogWP1680x1050.jpg[/img]

awesome! Cheers

Love your shots... gonna go with the flow and say that I like the warthog best.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

These are great shots. What camera and lens were you shooting with? I've seen many examples from others of airshow shots where the sky is blown out and the aircraft are under exposed. What's your trick for achiving properly exposed aircraft and nice blue sky? Filters? Shooting mode (Manual, Av, Tv)?

Great shots and love the hog.I know that plane well and as a matter of fact it had half the right elevator blown off of it during Desert Storm with the wing commander of the 23rd Fighter Wing, England AFB LA flying it. Spent many hours rebuilding the a$$ end of it and rigging the flight controls. A great plane to work on.

Thanks for the reply guys.

WAFKT, I used my 50D with 100-400mm lens, and Hoya HD 77mm CP filter. I usually shoot the fast moving stuff in Av Priority mode with evaluative metering, there is no time to manually set the shutter speed and aperture, so I just set the aperture and let the camera decide on the shutter speed. Try and shoot with the sun behind me, which is not always possible. If the sun is too high up, I sometimes switch to spot metering, to get the plane nicely exposed, but in turn I get blown skies. And always shoot in RAW, that way you can make necessary adjustments in Photoshop and Camera Raw.

Here's a few more I just proccessed: