Thread: Printer paper suggestions for Canon Pixma 9000 mkII

Printer paper suggestions for Canon Pixma 9000 mkII

Just got my new Canon Pixma 9000 mkII. I'm looking for photo paper suggestions. I believe it can print up to 19x13, but 18x12 is good enough. Can anyone suggest a good quality printer paper that doesn't cost too much? And where can I get it? Thanks.

Re: Printer paper suggestions for Canon Pixma 9000 mkII

I print with a pixma pro 9500(the older one)---but inexpensive tabloid sized paper has eluded me. Canon does have a pretty goodline of paper up to 13x19 in various textures---but it is anything but cheap. for normal large prints I actually prefer the Canon Glossy II, If you don't like glossy, canon does make various fine art papers and satin finish papers as well. It just really depends on what you want. My guess is that you will soon realize the cost of paper isn't a big deal when compared to the cost of ink. I have found it fairly inexpensive to use a smaller printer andgeneric photo paper for test runs, then go to the big printer once you have things the way you want them. The good side of this is you have a very nice printer---and when it counts you can make someoutstanding prints for about $3-4 per print as opposed to $10-20 at a print shop.-------One improtant Note---I would recommend that you dont allow family members to do everyday printing on this machine---the ink just costs too much.

Good Luck

Bob
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Cozen

Just got my new Canon Pixma 9000 mkII. I'm looking for photo paper suggestions. I believe it can print up to 19x13, but 18x12 is good enough. Can anyone suggest a good quality printer paper that doesn't cost too much? And where can I get it? Thanks.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I got my Pixma Pro9000 Mk II early this week. I found quite a few recommendations for Ilford paper. I finally decided on getting (100) 4x6s, (100) 8.5x11s, and (25) 13x19s in Ilford's Smooth Pearl paper. Compared to other quality papers, it's not terribly expensive. That said, the quality is very nice. The paper has a coating that allows for almost instant drying. It's also quite thick and feels very good in your hands (it feels like a quality product). I've been having so much fun with the 4x6s and letter sized paper that I haven't even opened the 13x19s yet. I'd suggest taking a look at the reviews on Amazon.

I am interested in printing on other types of paper. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cozen

<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I got my Pixma Pro9000 Mk II early this week. I found quite a few recommendations for Ilford paper. I finally decided on getting (100) 4x6s, (100) 8.5x11s, and (25) 13x19s in Ilford's Smooth Pearl paper. Compared to other quality papers, it's not terribly expensive. That said, the quality is very nice. The paper has a coating that allows for almost instant drying. It's also quite thick and feels very good in your hands (it feels like a quality product). I've been having so much fun with the 4x6s and letter sized paper that I haven't even opened the 13x19s yet. I'd suggest taking a look at the reviews on Amazon.

I am interested in printing on other types of paper. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. ;-)

Sounds great! I'll check it out, thanks, you guys always come through for me!

by the way, the printer is AWESOME!

If you keep an eye out or sign up for the Canon USA newsletter, they have specials from time to time. I have a ton of paper stockpiled due to their specials. They usually have something to do with the ink so you get a good deal on both. Others have some good suggestions, this is just what I have experienced.

Jayson