Page 295 of 558 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 5571

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    Joel, Love the comp on this goldfinch shot; The seperation between subject and back ground is outstanding and the background is buttery smooth.....but the quality seems below your normal standards---at least on what I am viewing. The bird seems to lack your normal detail (although the eye is tack sharp) and blown whites in the flowers tend to distract from the subject. Please try and work this shot again--It has the potential to be a "Home and Gardens" cover shot.

Bob
    Thanks Jayson and Bob.....you guys are right, should have used higher f-stop to get to flowers in focus more and prevent the highlights from being too hot...not much I can do except try the setup again...the Blackberry blooms won't be here long.

Quote Originally Posted by thekingb View Post
    Red-tailed Hawk that let me get rather close. 7D & EF 70-300L at 300mm, cropped in to a 7mp frame. (looks better enlarged)
    I like your composition on this one ... I would probably remove the lamp if it were mine, nice image.

Quote Originally Posted by qwRad View Post
    Nothing like the excellent images on this thread but I got a few images of swans and cranes last week when I went to photograph deer

EDIT: Added links to the big versions on the images.
    I like the 3rd one...great pose with landing gear down...needs to be a touch brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    I like the 3rd one...great pose with landing gear down...needs to be a touch brighter.
    Thanks Joel. You are right I should have processed it a bit brighter (and overall the processing could have been a lot better on all of them) but it is kind of faithful to the grey gloomy day it was.

I like your composition on this one ... I would probably remove the lamp if it were mine, nice image.
    Good idea. I'm not a photoshop wiz, although I'm growing more comfortable with Pixelmator and have cloned out some parts before. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks.

Robin and worm

1D MKIV
    700mm
    ISO 1000
    f/5.6
    1/200
    580 EXII +Better Beamer at 1/128th power

Her is one from this afternoon:

Says Phoebe

I know, he has a stick protruding from his head, but I didn't feel like editing it out.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    Her is one from this afternoon:

Says Phoebe

I know, he has a stick protruding from his head, but I didn't feel like editing it out.
    Really nice shot Bob! Great pose with outstanding detail and the maple leaves are cool too.

Really nice shot Bob! Great pose with outstanding detail and the maple leaves are cool too.
    Thanks Joel
    Bob

Eastern Bluebird....there is a nesting pair in my back yard and they are feeding their young now so they are coming to the feeder very frequently.