Thread: Real Estate photography pricing question?

Real Estate photography pricing question?

Anybody working to take (interior) photos of houses for Real Estate companies and if so what are you charging?

I've just been approached by an agent and one of her first questions was; how much do I charge?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Bill

Re: Real Estate photography pricing question?

To be honest, you almost have to do a few jobs simply guessing your worth before you finally figure out what your worth really is. The price you charge should be based on a balance of expertise, quality, and the costs you must recoup. Throw a number at the agent. If he takes you up on your fare, then do the job. At the end of the job, figure out if it was worth the money--if not, charge more next time. ;-)

Are these just for basic listing type shots? Most of the time they don't care too much about quality and probably won't want to pay too much.

If they are talking about high quality print in a magazine then you might be able to get a little chunk of change. $200-300 for multiple rooms maybe more depending where you are. If it is one room shot a little less but make sure it worth your show up time.

If they are for high quality print plan on lighting or HDRing them. I use to be a purist and hated HDR, but for interiors I am now a believer. I can bracket 3-4 shots on tripod and overlay and mask them in PS way fast then fussing with lights on location. It is very hot here in FL and I hate sweating while moving lights and running back and forth to the camera.

The pix will be for listing type shots.

IMO.. time is money.

Will this take all day, will it be a quick 10 minute shoot... how many shots will they want. Do they eventually want to do 3D tours online??

Generally for Real Estate, it's very simple.. a good WA Lens and a tripod is all you'll need.

Also, will you be doing more than one shoot? If you over charge, you won't get another gig possibly.. if you undercharge, you'll be stuck at that rate possibly. So think about that also.