Thread: QuickTime Pro - Will it fix this video? UPDATE: Yes, It Will!

QuickTime Pro - Will it fix this video? UPDATE: Yes, It Will!

Hi All,

It's official...I am an idiot! [:O] I did a number of videos yesterday at the Renaissance Fair and after viewing the link below of a very short example, you will quickly see my dilemma! Just don't hurt your neck viewing! Thank goodness I didn't take all of them like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C01LVzvg9KE

I see on Apples' website that QuickTime Pro rotates videos. Does anyone here use this? Would I be able to save them for normal viewing in the future? Is there another program that rotates them that you recommend ...that isn't expensive? I see QuickTime Pro only has 2 and a half stars by users on Apple's website.

Suggestions appreciated!!

UPDATE:

I downloaded QuickTime Pro and was able to rotate it for better viewing pleasure! [Y]
    Here is a link to the fixed version and to another performance ...Now if I can learn to edit out my blurred video recording on the 2nd! [:P]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgtN4MmR_eM

and with fire ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L615AzHoTc

Re: QuickTime Pro - Will it fix this video?

Hello, are you on windows or mac? If you're on windows, there's a nice (free) program called VirtualDub (http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/), you can do pretty anything you want with your video, including rotating. If you're on mac (windows also), quicktime pro can rotate videos (window->show movie properties).

I can rotate video with Mpeg Streamclip and encode it in different formats. I'd suggest taking a look at it. The program can be overwhelming (as there are hundreds of different ways to encode the video files--some work better than others as far as editing is concerned). You'd have to do some research to figure out the settings that will work the best for your given needs.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Lindado
    are you on windows or mac?

Hi Carlos,
    I use Windows (I should have stated that in my OP. Thanks for the link to the free program, I will check it out ...I like free as opposed to $30 for Windows Pro!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters
    I can rotate video with Mpeg Streamclip and encode it in different formats. I'd suggest taking a look at it. The program can be overwhelming (as there are hundreds of different ways to encode the video files--some work better than others as far as editing is concerned).

I will check it out, Sean. Thanks for the info! Can be overwhelming? Hmmm ...I like a challenge as long as it's not too frustrating!

Thanks Much!
    Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    It's official...I am an idiot! [img]/emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img]

Haha yes you are!! [6]

My sister also did this at the engagement-party of my other sister. Really stupid, but pretty funny to be honest[]

Good luck pulling it back straight []

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky

It's official...I am an idiot! [img]/emoticons/emotion-3.gif[/img]

Haha yes you are!! [img]/emoticons/emotion-14.gif[/img]

Haha ...now I'm less of an idiot since I fixed it! [:P] Now I have to make lots of videos like this to get my $30 worth! [^o)]

Denise

Haha ...now I'm less of an idiot since I fixed it! [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

Nah don't think so []

Now I have to make lots of videos like this to get my $30 worth! [img]/emoticons/emotion-40.gif[/img]

Well since the ratio after turning the video doesn't match screens anymore, perhaps it's a cool idea to shoot more like this and post them side to side.

Assuming you use full HD it would mean 1920*1080p. If you turned your vid straight and you would use the full height of the screen it would be 1080p high and 607,5p wide (16:9 ratio). Assuming you'd want to put a few aside...you can put 3,16 (1920/607,5) of your turned video's next to eachother...or 3 or less with additional border, so keep on shooting vertical!

Perhaps it will turn out better than you'd ever imagined and I will stop calling you idiot hehe [:P][]

Jan

Re: QuickTime Pro - Will it fix this video? UPDATE: Yes, It Will!

Now if I can learn to edit out my blurred video recording on the 2nd!

High Denise, Like you I have been experimenting shooting Video with the 7D---I think you were following some of the discussion on the "Video with 7D" String. Anyway, Editing video from these cameras isn't asstraight forward as most of us would like, nor is it inexpensive or free---at least if you want decent results. With the help of some of the people on this forum this is what I have discovered, if you are running a PC---I can't speak for MAC.

1. You need Video editing software-----I tried several as trials and eventually purchased Adobe Premier Elements 8 ($99)--after resolving some conflict issues, I am very happy with this purchase and it is a lot of fun--I would also suggest purchasing a 1 month membership on Lynda.com, and go through the learning videos on this software ($25).

2. Since most of the consumer level software doesn't recognize, edit or convert .MOV files, you also needconverter software----I tried several of the free ones and was very disapointed in the results--choppy, bad color, etc. So I purchased Quick time Pro ($29). Although better than the free ones, it still was far less than a satisfactory conversion. Finally,Mike Hillmansuggested "Neoscene" software for uploading and conversion----So I tried the trial, It worked great---I could see no difference between the conversion and the native file. Unfortunately it costs $129. Of Course, You could save the $129 for conversion software and $99 for editing softare and just buy Premier Pro ($699)---But I chose the cheaper route and am happy with my decisions so far. Besides, I looked at Premier Pro as a trial, and it has a learning curve about as steep as Mount Everest.

Just my 2 cents worth,

Good luck,

Bob

Bob