Thread: Advice/tips for shooting hockey

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It would appear that the arena not only confiscated Trent's camera, but as Trent would not let them pry it from his hands, they were forced to confiscated him too.

Well, probably not... we're all wondering, how did it go?
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    It would appear that the arena not only confiscated Trent's camera, but as Trent would not let them pry it from his hands, they were forced to confiscated him too.

Well, probably not... we're all wondering, how did it go?
    I was ready to put up a fight but I didn't come to that. I had to place it on a table along with my phone before I walked through the metal detector, that was it.

I think it went well. I took a few shots while they were warming up using the suggestions everyone gave. After the warm up I think I dialed in the right settings. I think I got a little shutter happy, took 566 images. Processed them through DxO Optics Pro 11 with default settings and then resized them slightly with PS CS5.1 and uploaded them to my Google Drive. Link for anyone who wants to take a look: https://goo.gl/zvVq21 I may pick a few to process again by hand or pick one and create a recipe to apply to the rest. Attached is a picture I took with my phone to give an idea how far up I was sitting.

A little about the game: This was my first NHL game - not really into sports but I can't say no to my niece when she asked if I wanted to go. Luckily my father went also so I was able to ask him about what was happening. I had a great time, the game was awesome. The Buffalo Sabers played the Los Vegas Knights. I was team neutral so I didn't care who won. The game was tied at the end of the 3rd period so it went into overtime. Scoreless in OT so they went to a shootout with the Knights winning 2-1. I got so caught up in the OT and shootout I didn't get any pictures.

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions.

Trent

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180310_125829.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	2687
    EOS R5 and EOS R with RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM, Extender EF 2x III, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, EF 35mm f/1.2 IS USM, RF 35mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM, GORUCK GR-1 with TrekPak insert