Thread: new to site

new to site

Good morning Guys & Gals

I am new to the forum and have seen good stuff over here. I have recenetly developed my website and would like you guys to review and provide me with your suggestions and feedback.

www.sermedaltaf.com

Re: new to site

Hi Sermed, welcome to TDP!

You got some nice stuff up there, but quite a lot. Scott Kelby wrote a good post about this a some time ago.

Joël

Thanks Joel and thanks for Scott's link and i think i need to trim it today and i will do that.

Sermed....welcome and let us know when you've culled your site.

Joel....yeah, thanks for Scott's (I'm a memberand missed this one) article. I've been giving some thought to my flickr site size which is linked to my business site.

I have 89 shots in there, w/some oldies.....I'm heading to my flickr site to give it a scrubbing.

Thanks

Joel and Bill it has been trimed now what do you think of it, your feedbackwere highly apprciated

Sermed Altaf Photography

Sermed, you've got some great work up there. I truly love the ferris wheel and your attention for texture and detail. Really nice style.

Your portraits (especially the older men and kids) are good. Again, you have a great eye for capturing the small moments, like the man sleeping between those 2 poles (frame in frame).

Honestly, I didn't quite like the waterfronts in the nature section. There is no strong point (and finding one in landscapes can be quite hard), and my eyes kept searching for something to see. The desert shots are eroded soil are awesome!

Architecture, the 7 star hotel (how is it called again?) with the rocks has some nice toning to it. The rocks add the depth the pictures needs. The wideangle mosque shot looks pretty, but some of the other shots are quite monotonous. Try to find a more original composition (you don't HAVE to include the whole building).

Hope that helps!

@Bill Did the same thing after reading the article. I don't get why people need more than 200 pictures up on Flickr. I was nearing the 200, but deleted almost half. Not Flickr-worthy anymore...

Sermed....good job, but, and this is just my opinion, I'd cut it down more; leaving your best and most diversified pictures. Constantly manage your (delete old ones) site w/new photos which will bring your viewers back for more.

I'm impressed with your ability to see photos in lines, its an ability I don't have and am working on....

I really like your home page pic....the old bike, as well as some of the portraits. Some great faces and again as Joel mentioned; great eye for detail.

Guys thank you very much for your feedback and suggestion, all of them very benefical and i will see how it can be implemented ate the earlist

Thanks Once again , for taking time out and giving your feedback and suggestions