...or to put it another way, Speedlite or monolight?

I've just picked up a second 600EX and an ST-E3-RT, and I sold my pair of 430EX II's. Besides the two 600's, I've also got a PCB Einstein. For softboxes, I have two 24" Ezyboxes for Speedlites (and a little Ezybox Hotshoe for on-camera), and a 48" octabox for the Einstein.

I had been using PocketWizard triggers (MiniTT1 + AC3, pair of FlexTT5's, and a PowerMC2 for the Einstein).

So, with my current setup I appear to have several options for triggering.

• ST-E3 plus the two 600's (no monolight)
• MiniTT1 + AC3 with the 600's on FlexTT5's and the Einstein via PowerMC2
• ST-E3 plus the two 600's with the Einstein as an optical slave
• MiniTT1 with the ST-E3 mounted, 600's via Canon RF and Einstein via PowerMC2

Now...I'd like to add a strip box, and possibly a light for it. Main use would be overhead as a hair/rim light and/or to light the backdrop, so it would be on a boom (meaning a remote power adjustment is desirable).

I'm considering a either a Lastolite 12x48" strip box and a 3rd 600 flash, or a PCB 10x36" strip box with a second Einstein and PowerMC2. Cost difference isn't significant (although if I go with the Lastolite, I might get that ahead of the extra flash).

The three-Speedlite setup would be easy to use outdoors, and the Speedlite would be lighter on the boom (although it's a Manfrotto 024 and will support a monolight+softbox, it'll be my kids underneath it!).

Having two monolights and two Speedlites would also be a flexible setup (I've got several other PCB modifiers already - beauty dish, reflector w/ grids).

Thoughts and advice appreciated!

--John