Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CR2 Batteries?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CR2 Batteries?

Where do you buy your CR2 Batteries? My local Walgreens actually stocks them but at about $10 each it would almost be cheaper to buy new CTR-301Ps!!! Amazon has some decent deals but once you pay for shipping the savings is erased...my dad has Amazon Prime and would happily order them for me but none of the inexpensive ones qualify for Prime :-(

I've heard that eBay is a good resource. Thoughts???

Re: CR2 Batteries?

[H]

Try http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.751.

You get20 batteries for like 5.00, but don't be surprised if half the batteries actually hold their charge. I've got a pack of 20 where only12 were good, the others died after a week or two of use. I've purchased a number of items from this site and they are reputable.

Hope this helps...

Edit: Please ignore the above entry, it seems that I have errored on the battery type.....[:$]

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.904a pack of 5 for 6.81.
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

I add one to the shopping cart when I make an order at Adorama or B&H. Local camera shop carries them as well.

Is this what your're looking for?

http://www.adorama.com/SearchSite/Default.aspx?searchinfo=CR2%20lithium

The last time I bought CR2 3V for my Cactus triggers they were 2 packs of Duracell for around 6 bucks. I just don't remember where I got them. I know, that doesn't help.....[:S]

Thanks everybody! www.dealextreme.com seams to be the ticket. Can I assume that they take forever to ship though?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elberson

Thanks everybody! [url="http://www.dealextreme.com]www.dealextreme.com[/url] seams to be the ticket. Can I assume that they take forever to ship though?
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Cool, Same batteries that came with my Cactus triggers. I'd give a good 12-14 weeks for delivery....[:'(]

That's the downside, you may end up waiting unless you pay extra for the EMS Express. Keep in mind that the weekends don't count for days shipped!

[]
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

These batteries are commonly used in firearm lights and other high intensity flash lights. You might try your local gunstore or sporting goods store. I have a flashlight that uses them and this is where I have had the most luck.
    Bob

Bob I believe you are thinking about the 123A batteries like surefire (in tactical flashlights). Those are not the same as CR2 cells.

If anyone is looking for a good source for 123A cells try surefire.com they seem to be very fresh and high quality.

Good luck on the CR2 cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Graydon
    <div id="ctl00_ctl00_bcr_bcr_PostForm__QuoteText"]

Bob I believe you are thinking about the 123A batteries like surefire (in tactical flashlights). Those are not the same as CR2 cells.

If anyone is looking for a good source for 123A cells try surefire.com they seem to be very fresh and high quality.

Good luck on the CR2 cells.
    </div>
    Now I have to go dig through my old war chest just to check, but your probably right.
    Bob