Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Website home screen slideshow

Website home screen slideshow

Hey guys! Now that Zenfolio allowed video to be posted on the homepage, I updated the slideshow on my website. Curious what you guys think.

When I get home from work I'm going to replace it with a version that doesn't have any audio. I don't know about you guys but my first knee jerk reaction is to close a website when I hear music.

Maybe just mute it so you can get a feel for how it will look tomorrow.

www.vierimagestudios.com

Thanks for taking the time, as always. Love this forum.

Note : video doesn't play on the mobile version of my site. You'll have to be on the desktop site.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Hey Rocco love the music, it seems to fit in my opinion, images are great, the site is very professional. In your bio, I think you need to edit your shooting philosophy, that is one really long sentence. Make it a little more punchy.
    Nice one.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Looks great Rocco!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    In your bio, I think you need to edit your shooting philosophy, that is one really long sentence. Make it a little more punchy.
    Man, you don't even know. You should have seen the first bio.. this is the abridged version! I almost feel like I need to hire a freelancer to write it for me. I have a bit of Tolstoy in me, it seems. I never shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor View Post
    Looks great Rocco!
    Thanks! I'm really liking how it turned out.

For anyone interested, the slideshow was done with my Animoto Pro account I won in that Tether Tools contest earlier this year. It's stupid easy to make a good slideshow. If I understand it correctly, it taylors each slideshow depending on how many photos and what music is selected. Kind of like a music visualizer for itunes/windows media player. No two videos will ever bee the same and it always paces really well with the song. Also, they have hundreds of commercially licenced songs for you to use. A plus.

Anyway, I dig it. I don't think I've used it during my free year enough to renew though. Been thinking maybe I should offer it as a service to my clients. Maybe it would be an easy way to earn an extra buck and impress them all.
    Last edited by Rocco; 11-21-2012 at 08:13 AM.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Man, you don't even know. You should have seen the first bio.. this is the abridged version! I almost feel like I need to hire a freelancer to write it for me. I have a bit of Tolstoy in me, it seems. I never shut up.
    That's just the creative force inside you.
    I do like your site and the slideshow does grab your attention and highlight your work very well.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Rocco, Very nice looking site and very unique and goodlooking slideshow. I too have been messing with the "video" function and trying to put something together for my Z-site. I have been working in Adobe Premier Elements to try and come up with something that is my own, but I spent a good portion of this week just trying to overcome the loss of Image quality when converting from still to video. Now that I have that figured out, I can start actually building my video.

Note : video doesn't play on the mobile version of my site. You'll have to be on the desktop site.
    I also read this on the Zenfolio forums---are you using an Apple mobile device or some other kind?

Again, Nice looking site and great slide show.

Bob
    Bob

Re: Website home screen slideshow

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    I also read this on the Zenfolio forums---are you using an Apple mobile device or some other kind?
    On both my Android phone and my iPad 2, it's just a black rectangle where the video should be. I submitted the issue to them, as I'm sure others have as well. Here's hoping they fix that quickly.

It is Adobe Flash, and a lot of mobile devices just don't show it, even some/most Androids don't. They would have to replace it with a html5 animation/video, or at least display a static image for browsers that cannot play Flash.
    Very nice website Rocco.
    Arnt

Re: Website home screen slideshow

Quote Originally Posted by ahab1372 View Post
    It is Adobe Flash, and a lot of mobile devices just don't show it, even some/most Androids don't. They would have to replace it with a html5 animation/video, or at least display a static image for browsers that cannot play Flash.
    Very nice website Rocco.

True story.

From what I understand jelly bean won't support it. And Apple never has. I think it's good news though, it's going to force web developers to come up with a more elegant solution. I hate flash.

For what it's worth, Windows RT tablets CAN view flash... but only for sites on Microsoft's white-list. You can submit your URL to Microsoft and hope for the best. There is no "Just let me view it, damnit" button, and the hacks to enable a site are beyond the average user's ability. I think it's rather ridiculous.