Thread: Calling all wedding photographers...

Calling all wedding photographers...

Hi folks!

I'm a frequent poster to this forum and shoot everything BUT weddings. I'm also a creative director at a small ad agency. I'm looking for an image for comping purposes only to show a client, and I can't find this shot perspective anywhere. Wondering if anyone had a shot similar to this in their archives.

I'm looking for a wide-angle shot of the bridal party and dance floor, as the DJ announces the wedding couple as Mr & Mrs for the first time. Its a shot from the perspective of the bride/groom, so the wedding party and all the reception attendees are looking at the camera. I realise this is not a common perspective, hence my difficulty in finding a comp image.

I will eventually shoot this as a staged shot in the client's banquet hall, but for comping and pitching purposes, I could really use a similar shot to pitch the idea. Any help would be welcomed! PM me or email rob@ithinksmall.com if you have anything of use.

Thanks,

Rob Gardner

Re: Calling all wedding photographers...

My suggestion is to browse flickr and see if you can find a similar shot. Then, when you're showing your client, show them the flickr site and let them know you want to do something like that (don't just download and show the picture without due credit, of course). Flickr's a great resource as you can browse specific groups tailored to weddings or else you can search using tags you expect to see in such an image.