Thread: Amanda Maternity Series

Amanda Maternity Series

Well, I did another maternity shoot this weekend. The subject was easy to work with, and it was a pleasure to shoot her. For strobist info, click on the images. ;-)

Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS, 55mm, f/4.5, 1/250 sec, ISO 100

Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS, 40mm, f/4.5, 1/320 sec, ISO 100

Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, 15mm, f/4.5, 1/320 sec, ISO 100

Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L IS, 70mm, f/4.5, 1/320 sec, ISO 100

Re: Amanda Maternity Series

Great shots Sean, very crisp and vivid. I especially like the first 2, perhaps it's the blue top shes wearing there and green background that makes them look a bit more serene? Wonderfuly done.

Re: Amanda Maternity Series

Quote Originally Posted by Jorundr-Jorgensen

Great shots Sean, very crisp and vivid. I especially like the first 2, perhaps it's the blue top shes wearing there and green background that makes them look a bit more serene? Wonderfuly done.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

The blue top probably does separate the subject from the background a little better. If it had been up to me, I would have put her in a light-weight summer dress...but alas, she didn't ask for my help when picking out her clothes.

A little off-subject--we shot this series at a friend's house of the mother-to-be. The expectant mom picked the house because it had a small front porch with columns and wicker furniture. There were lots of little shrubs in front of the house, too. However, I made an executive decision as soon as I got to the location (which I had never been to before), and decided the pictures wouldn't be nearly as good in the front of the house as the back. We could have shot some in the front, of course, but after shooting about 100 shots in the back yard, we both decided that she had enough shots to be getting on with.