Page 286 of 558 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 5571

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
    2 from the deck yesterday. Have no clue what kind of birds.
    The first one is a Northern Mockingbird, the second one is a Phoebe (I think)

amazing shots, and it feels like the number of pictures posted per day is going up - I guess spring is coming.
    Joel, that photoshop free picture is really great.

I tried some BIF and wow, these little ones are really hard to capture. I have pictures with a lot of muddy water and very little bird in it.
    Here is one who was nice enough to look at the camera:

_MG_8059 - Version 2 by ahab1372, on Flickr

My usual thought when I try this is "I need more reach", but today I thought with a longer lens it would have been impossible to follow.

Arnt

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    The first one is a Northern Mockingbird, the second one is a Phoebe (I think)
    Eastern Phoebe looks about right to me.
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Joel, you really should be selling all of your photos! They just don't get any better than what you are able to do!
    @ Pat - Great find to spot snowy owls still at this time of year and your shots are superb!

Nothing terribly exciting but here are a few of mine from the last couple days ...

House Hunting by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_4578_1 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_4785 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Joel, you really should be selling all of your photos! They just don't get any better than what you are able to do!
    @ Pat - Great find to spot snowy owls still at this time of year and your shots are superb!

Nothing terribly exciting but here are a few of mine from the last couple days ...
    Thanks Denise.....speaking of selling prints....you have a selection of mighty fine images yourself and quite a diversity as well.

PS That middle image of the Finch with the slate colored BG is killer!

PS That middle image of the Finch with the slate colored BG is killer!
    Ditto, Ditto, Ditto----Nice Job DD
    Bob

Thank you! I downloaded a few background textures and overlays online and with Color Efex, I can virually do just about anything with them to always make them look new and different! It sometimes beats the bad backgrounds I end up with, such as the lines from mine or my neighbors fence or the lines from the house or garage siding! It's just quite a task to apply sometimes! The shot was a pretty easy one to practice on!

Well, I finally had a chance to try out my new Bird calling speaker (Recommended by Joel) driven from I-Bird on my Cell phone. I'm not sure it works with birds, But I did manage to call in my two cats and three neighborhood cats with it.-----They really like the Barn Swallow call . So....If anyone is looking for a cat, I know just how to get them into your back yard.

Just thought i would share another failed experiment,

Bob
    Bob

Maybe the cats deterred the birds? Why not combine with dog barking, that might keep the cats out and the birds will come?
    Arnt

Hey, if you saw one of my recent posts in the current shots thread, maybe I could use this bird/cat caller and just call cats into my yard at night while my dogs are in the house asleep. I could call in my "borrow a cat" secuirty system!