Page 207 of 397 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

Mark,
    Really like the first one. Congrats on the new glass. I'm waiting on mine which should be arriving next week. I got sold for the same reason.

Arnt

Andy...there is a gentlenesss to that shot of rain I really like.

Mark...#1 should be up on a wall someplace. Great shot.

I have seen many amazing shots of hummingbirds on the forum. But I've been trying for years to even get them to frequent my house, typically only seeing 1-2 a year. Hopefully, this is a sign that things are changing:

HB-7412 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing...Brant

Nice shot, Brant! The key to getting them to frequent your yard regularly is timing. Get those feeders out a few weeks before they are due back in your area in the very early spring. Once you snag them and their preferred flowers have bloomed you can slowly decrease the sugar/water ratio in the feeders and then eventually put the feeders away altogether. This is the first year I had hb's coming in my yard to feed about every 10 minutes from sunrise to sunset every day! Next year I am hoping to get the feeders put away alittle sooner so the bees don't chase the male hb's away!

Quote Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
    Thanks, Denise. The thing that sold me on this lens is how compact it is at 70mm. It fit easily in the main slot of my Crumpler 7MDH attached to the 7D. The 70-200 F4L IS wouldn't do that. Plus it's really sharp at 300mm wide open. It even works with the Kenko 2x TC, albeit manual focus only. And they're seriously reduced right now at Adorama (something I missed out on).
    I'm hoping to see some shots using it with the TC when you get a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    I'm hoping to see some shots using it with the TC when you get a chance!
    These are nothing special. I was just shooting these to show a friend how it works. But here are three shots for demonstration purposes.

The first is looking across the living room into the kitchen using a 24-105 at 24mm. Note the microwave out in the kitchen (and kindly overlook the cluttered room).

Now here's one with the 70-300 at 70mm.

Lastly, here's one with the 70-300 and Kenko 2x TC at 600mm.

Maybe not razor sharp, but pretty good considering it's a 1.6 second shot using a somewhat wobbly tripod.
    Mark - Flickr

That is very impressive! For being on a 2x and at such a slow shutter speed, the sharpness is amazing! I think it is definitely worth my giving up my 100-400mm for but I will probably have to wait until these start hitting the used and refurb market.

Thanks for posting the pics ...it has me sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Stringer View Post
    You're lucky, Pat. It started raining here in March and has hardly stopped since. It's the reason I've only been out twice with my camera this summer. I don't need to go far for shots of falling water. I took this earlier today through my living room window.
    Andy - I understand... I once spent most of the winter in the U.K., and it rained every single day. And it did not just rain for part of the day, it rained all day long, everyday.

That is a nice shot of rain... but I suppose you get lots of practice.

Mark - That Bi-Plane is cool... I like the second one.

Brant - Wow... what a great shot of the HB. I always like to see the colorful flower with the bird.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

That is very impressive! For being on a 2x and at such a slow shutter speed, the sharpness is amazing! I think it is definitely worth my giving up my 100-400mm for but I will probably have to wait until these start hitting the used and refurb market.

Thanks for posting the pics ...it has me sold!
    So much for that idea ...a guy on FM has his posted for $9.00 less than what it's going for new right now but he is looking to trade for a 100-400mm ....hmm, tempting!

Thanks for the tip Denise! I'll give it a try next year.

Thanks Pat!
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 08-31-2012 at 11:20 AM.

So much for that idea ...a guy on FM has his posted for $9.00 less than what it's going for new right now but he is looking to trade for a 100-400mm ....hmm, tempting!
    Probably the same one listed on POTN. Might as well buy new at that price. The Adorama deal is not likely to continue for long.
    Mark - Flickr