<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 9pt;"]Hi, <o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 9pt;"]I am new to this forum and pretty much a beginner with photography. Ibought a Canon 400D (is this called the &ldquo;rebel&rdquo; in <st1lace w:st="on"]<st1:country-region w:st="on"]America</st1:country-region></st1lace>?) about a year ago and I have really enjoyed using it and would like to get a bit more serious with photography. Ipurchased the 400D in a bundle with the UK stock 18-55mm lens (no IS)and a Tameron 70-300mm but I am heading away on my honeymoon soon and would like to swap out my 18-55mm for something with a better IQ and possibly better focal length range so I would only need to bring 1 lens with me on short trips. Although I might also be tempted to purchase a type of lens that I do not have andwould find useful when we are away i.e.wide-angle or portrait lens. <o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 9pt;"]Asour wedding is fast approaching I don'thave a bigbudget but if I am going to invest in a new lens I would like to get something decent that will last as my future plans would be to upgrade my camera body as well. I was thinking of what is probably a fairly low budget compared to some of the other discussions on this forum, probably about &pound;250 - &pound;500 ($350 - $750). With regards to use,the lenswill be for typical holiday photography i.e. indoor/outdoor, portrait,architecture, landscape etc. but basically general use.<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 9pt;"]In terms of a replacement lens I was initially looking at the EF-S 18-135mm IS lens untilI read the reviewsin thisforum andnow believeI should rule it out. I wasalso looking at the EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM, 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS or the EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM. I would love something from the L series e.g. EF 24-70mm IS USM or EF 28-135mm IS USM, but unfortunately they are a fair bit beyond my budget at the minute, however does anyone think this would be a wiser long term investment?<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 9pt;"]I would really like to invest in a wide angle lens and would love the canon 10-22mm but I think it's also just out of my budget at this stage however I was alsoquite interested inthe sigma 10-20mm. I was also looking at the EF50mm f1.8 II (am I right in saying these used to be called aportrait lens?) as I was using a friends and was surprised at how good the image quality was for a lens at about &pound;90!<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 9pt;"]So to the point, firstlyis the x1.6FOVCF due to the EF-S lens or is it the EOS body? Secondly,does anyone have any opinions/recommendations on these lenses or have any additional/better suggestions? Finally, I feel the 15-85mm would probably cover a lot of my needs at the minute but it is at the high end of my budget and can't decided if I would be better off going for the EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM (would this be a big improvement in IQ over my stock 18-55) or EF-S 17-85 F4-5.6 IS USM and getting the sigma 10-22mm or canon 50mm as well for similar money to the 15-85mm lens on its own. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 9pt;"]Apologies for the long post and thanks very much in advance.<o></o>