Survived the 25 year re-union of our inaugural charity bowl game back in 1986.

Barely. As we say, lost a bit of bark, spilled a bit of claret but it was, "all good." Until the second half when I tried blasting(I use that term advisedly)my way through the 1 hole on a power dive and when I surfaced from beneath the pile I had "pulled a hammy." Having not wanted to overtrain and peak too early, my explosive start from the 3 point stance (cough, cough) was way too much for my untested hamstrings, so I strained them, not too badly but enough to take me out of the game.

Here are a few shots from the game and the sidelines, not mine just some examples, I have the silver helmet and #34 on my back. Raised a good wad of money for spinal research. Worst injury was our outside backer who had a team mate fall on him and break his leg, it was getting pinned today. Some people took it way too seriously, but accidents happen.[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/450x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4377.Ghosts-of-gridiron_5F00_1.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/450x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4201.Ghosts-of-gridiron_5F00_2.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/450x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1212.Ghosts-of-gridiron_5F00_3.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/450x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5327.Ghosts-of-gridiron_5F00_4.jpg[/img]

One of the guys from back in the 90's contracted a rare spinal disease and is in a wheelchair, he came on for a play and scored a touchdown. The average age was about 41, with our oldest player at 59.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/450x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1832.Ghosts-of-gridiron_5F00_5.jpg[/img]

It was a great day, rekindled memories of a sport that was very new to Australia when we started playing, back in 86, but it has grown and in Brisbane we have 8 senior teams and a junior competition and one of our young products Jesse Williams is playing for Alabama.

Thanks for viewing, time to get more ice.

Steve