All of you recommended 70-200 f/4 L IS for me. After my first neurotic experience with it (hearing IS motor work and worrying like an idiot it is faulty) I now report it is PERFECT and I just love images. You guys really know your stuff and what I appreciate is that you listen well and ask so many questions before recommending anything. I just love this lens! I spent some time with it again yesterday and learned to appreciate it's sharpness and beautiful images it takes.

Question: There is not much in terms of manual for a newbie included with the lens. How do I know when to use what setting on the lens? Is there anywhere any type of "Cliff notes"?

I noticed when I played with the lens, that it does make a bit of a difference in the focusing (speed, although it is a laughable matter, this sucker is fast), depending how I set the stuff on the lens. But honestly I do not know what I am influencing much and I would like to understand it. Any pointers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again, thanks for all your great advice, you are the best![Y]