Page 212 of 397 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Heading north from the pond, I saw this sight in my rear-view mirror and figured it just might be worth pulling over for:

Canon 1D3, 70-200 mm f/2.8L II, polarizer, 0.3 sec @ f/11, ISO 100

Jonathan that statement made me laugh. "Thought this scenery was alright so I supposed I should get a quick snap of it", if I had scenery like that to toy with I'd never leave. What an amazing landscape to live amongst. Whereabouts are you?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Steve - haven't been to riverfire for a few years now but there's a mountain of photo ops there. There's a sneaky spot at Southbank I used to go to (required a couple of fence jumps) that gets you up nice and high and you can see all the way past the story bridge and across the city.

Nice shot mate.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor View Post
    Jonathan that statement made me laugh. "Thought this scenery was alright so I supposed I should get a quick snap of it", if I had scenery like that to toy with I'd never leave. What an amazing landscape to live amongst. Whereabouts are you?
    Yes I was employing some dramatic understatement there, that's for sure! I live in Canmore Alberta, just outside Banff National Park in Canada. If you look on Google Maps for Lake Louise Alberta, you'll see where the Icefields Parkway begins (hwy 93). Just 3 km up that road is Herbert Lake, where I got the sunrise shot. Another 7 km north is where I got the telephoto shot of the road, pointing back to Lake Louise. Yes it is hard to remain focused on work sometimes (okay, always), with this scenery all around!

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    Jonathan:

They are all great. I especially like the first... with water, reflections, and I always like how the rising sun strikes the mountain peaks. Well thought out and executed. It looks like you went with a plan and an image in your mind, and nature cooperated.

Pat
    Thanks Pat --- yes it was definitely a plan that worked out very well. But I think your day was even better --- you captured a spectacular series of images with a totally surprising and unpredictable sky. Thanks for sharing the whole set... it allows us to get a sense of the excitement and drama of the light show. But it all goes to prove that the best photographic accessory you can buy is an alarm clock!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Wow, Jonathan!! I can look at those shots over and over! It would be a life's dream to have the opportunity to go there! So beautiful and your photos are stunning!
    Thanks ever so much! And yes I do hope you get the chance to visit here someday. September is the best month too, in my view. If any of you are in the neighbourhood, I'd be delighted to be a photo tour guide!

Yes I was employing some dramatic understatement there, that's for sure! I live in Canmore Alberta, just outside Banff National Park in Canada. If you look on Google Maps for Lake Louise Alberta, you'll see where the Icefields Parkway begins (hwy 93). Just 3 km up that road is Herbert Lake, where I got the sunrise shot. Another 7 km north is where I got the telephoto shot of the road, pointing back to Lake Louise. Yes it is hard to remain focused on work sometimes (okay, always), with this scenery all around!
    Ah lovely. I will be in Canada in February for about a month. Will likely spend most of our time snowboarding Whistler and Blackcomb but we're looking into catching a train through the rockies for a few days to give the knees a break from the slopes.

Certainly a stunning part of the world you live in right there.

Thanks Pat --- yes it was definitely a plan that worked out very well. But I think your day was even better --- you captured a spectacular series of images with a totally surprising and unpredictable sky. Thanks for sharing the whole set... it allows us to get a sense of the excitement and drama of the light show. But it all goes to prove that the best photographic accessory you can buy is an alarm clock!
    Thank you very much. And you are right about the alarm clock. It is amazing that at sunset it is difficult to get a shot without people walking into it, but at sunrise you have the place completely to yourself until 9:00 or 10:00AM (and the animals are far more active).

...September is the best month too, in my view. If any of you are in the neighbourhood, I'd be delighted to be a photo tour guide!
    After you had mentioned that before, I seriously thought about heading to your area this September because your pictures are so inspiring... it made me want to check it out. But it did not work out. We have a daughter going to school in Northern Michigan, so our time off for the next couple years will probably be there (which is not so bad either). Maybe in a couple of years.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Brisbane City of Light festival. A two week laser light show tha culminates with Riverfire a spectacular fireworks display.
    Thanks for viewing.
    That is really colorful. I cannot wait until the fire works (I hope you will be posting those anyway).

How did your landscape class go?

Pat
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Hey Steve I found this pic on flickr just now. I've had this guy in my contacts for ages and he takes a nice pic. Maybe some inspiration for your next journey to Brisvegas?

Brisbane Festival by Garry - www.visionandimagination.com, on Flickr

Guys, seriously, your pictures made me totally forget about the ones I took.
    Great stuff!
    Arnt