Thread: Really Right Stuff BH 55 Ball Head

Really Right Stuff BH 55 Ball Head

Just got my new BH 55 RRS ballhead and had to tell someone. Wow, what a difference a good ball head makes. I have been shooting off of Bogan/Manfrotto 488RC2 and the difference is extreme. The BH 55 fairly light weight, is smooth as glass, no sticking, the friction controlholds the camera and lens well but still allows smooth operation; andit actually holds the camera/lens where you put it when locked down (less than a quarter turn). Surprisingly, italso seemed to eliminate the constant high frequency vibration that I was getting from my aluminum tripod. Yes, this ballhead is very pricey, But so far, no regrets----I plan to give it a good field test this weekend. Also, I really like the quick release plates by RRS, Will designed, custom fit on the equipment, light weightand no twisting. I cant wait to put it on a good CF tripod.

Bob
    Bob

Re: Really Right Stuff BH 55 Ball Head

I know that feeling, got the same with my Arca-swiss Z1. It's so small but can handle so much weight!

I don't use it too much, though. I am 6'4 and fairly strongso most lenses don't require the Z1 treatment.

congratulations on the BH-55. As jorundr-jorgensen says,

"May your shutter be swift and your CF cards vigorous."

Re: Really Right Stuff BH 55 Ball Head

Cant wait to get one myself.

I've gone from "stupid and cheap" to "knowing better now and wanting the best".