Thread: POST your pix, made with the Canon 500D Close-up Lens (please)

POST your pix, made with the Canon 500D Close-up Lens (please)

I'd like to see images if you've got them. As a hobbyist,I'd like togive this a try rather than buying another lens for some "macro-like" photography. Much obliged.

Re: POST your pix, made with the Canon 500D Close-up Lens (please)

The thing about the 500DClose-up Lensis that the quality of pictures you'll get will depend on what sort of lens you attach it to, as will the magnification.So, unless you're looking at pictures taken with the 500D mounted on the lens(es) you'll be using it with, posted images may not be representative of how it would perform for you.

I borrowed a 500DClose-up Lensfrom a colleague and was happy with the results (sorry, no pics saved from the tryout). In my case, I was using it with the excellent EF 70-200mm f/2.8<span style="color: red;"]LIS II. But, as above your mileage may vary. Although the maximum magnification was limited to 0.6x for the70-200 II + 500D combo, the image quality came close to that of myEF 100mm f/2.8<span style="color: red;"]LMacro IS (I wandered around my garden and took similarly-framed shots of the same subjects with 70-200 II + 500D and the 100mm macro).

The 500D fixes the focus point at a distance of 500mm (~20") from the front element of the lens. That means you're limited in how you can compose a shot. But with that limitation in mind, you can get some nice shots with the 500D mounted on a decent lens.

Re: POST your pix, made with the Canon 500D Close-up Lens (please)

Well there is stuff to find on Flickr:http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=500d+close+up

For instance this one taken with a EF-S 55-250 IS lens on an XSi

I'm not sure of this helps, but I sure hope so!

Jan