Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 - Image of the Week #2

2015 - Image of the Week #2

Welcome to TDP forum's "Image of the Week" competition. Each week photographers may submit their images to compete for the title of "Image of the Week." Weekly winners will then compete on a monthly, quarterly and finally in an annual poll for the title of "TDP Image of the Year."

There will be only one weekly winner.

• This entry period for Week 2 will be from Monday January 5th through/including Sunday January 11th.
    • Please supply a title for your image.
    • This is an open competition for landscape, portrait, architectural, macro and any other appropriate photographic style.
    • Images should have been either recently taken or processed.
    • Enter as many times as you would like.

This week will be judged by Jonathan Huyer

Good luck!!
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 01-05-2015 at 08:30 PM.

My entry for this week is...

Volterra
    Volterra, known to the ancient Etruscans as Velathri, to the Romans as Volaterrae, is a town and comune in the Tuscany region of Italy. Volterra it is also known for the alabaster art. This is an alley settled in the middle of the town.
    Volterra, Toscana by Andrea Magnelli, on Flickr
    Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Jamsus

Sorry I have not participated much lately... I have not been able to get on the internet at home for a couple of weeks because the dish does not work very well in bad weather or when covered with snow.

Here is my landscape entry. The owl was a to far away to get a good shot of it, so I decided to turn it into element of a landscape.

Snow Owl Landscape

Snow Owl Landscape-9477 by westmichigan, on Flickr
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Foggy Morning

Catching up on processing from this summer.

Taken on San Juan Island in Washington State.

"Griffin Bay Sunrise"

small-9986 by kayaker72, on Flickr

5DIII 24-70 II @ 28 mm, 1/60, f/7.1, ISO 100
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 01-12-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Hiding from the light

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JB_Drescher View Post
    Hiding from the light
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Welcome to the forum!

Dave

Great entries this week! I kept going back and forth between them all, as each one catches my eye in a different way. I'm choosing Andrea's (Jamsus) photo, "Volterra", as the winner. I really like the use of B&W in this image, and when I look at it I can immediately picture myself there, gazing upwards as I wander through the narrow streets. The exposure is perfect, and the soft lighting enables the details to stand out everywhere in the image. There's lots to look at in the scene, but the eye still flows comfortably through the street (if that makes sense).

Pat I really liked your snow owl picture, and I agree that it was a good idea to make it into a partial landscape composition. It tells a story, which is quite compelling.

Jayson the foggy scene also caught my eye for a long time. The bent tree with the reflection does a great job of steering my eye towards the fog.

Brant that's a very fine sunrise shot... the reflection is perfectly smooth. I like the juxtaposition between the jagged rocks in the foreground and the peaceful calm water (and I'm sure it was a bit of a trick to get that exposure to work throughout the whole image).

JB_Drescher that's a very cute pose and I really like the composition too. I think if the dog's eye was in focus instead of the nose, this shot could well have been the winner. Welcome to the forum and thanks for the submission!

Whuao, the other entries were excellent i really didn't expected that.

Volterra is a beatiful little town, if you notice the houses are not "straight" vertical, but a bit oblique due to some telluric activities in the area.

Really loved "Snow Owl Landscape" for the choice of using the animal as integrated part of the landscape.

As a fan of Sam Abell horizons based pictures always catch my eye!
    Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Jamsus

Congrats jamsus!