Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Beachy Photos for C&C

Some Beachy Photos for C&C

Hello everyone! Summer's on the corner from where I am and I was able to have some chance to go out of town with my family for an early summer treat. I was able to get some creative photos (I think) and I was hoping if you could shed me some light for the following photos.

Thank you in advance and thank you too for viewing. Please click on the images for a larger view.

18-55 @ 55mm, f/5.6, 1/400s, ISO 200, probably around 10 am, these are washed up dead seaweeds (Puerto, Ilocos Sur, Philippines)

On another beach (Bangui Bay, Ilocos Norte, Philippines)on another day around 2pm: 18-55mm @ 55mm, f14, 1/320s, ISO 200

On another beach (Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte, Philippines) on the same day around 5pm: 18-55mm @ 23mm, f 5.6, 1/2500s, ISO 200 -- By the way, second try to shoot sunset, first was in the afternoon of the seaweeds photo but didn't find anything interesting about them. []

Last one for today, 18-55mm @ 29mm, f/5.6, 1/1250, ISO 200

Your C&Cs are very much welcome! Thank you again.
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Re: Some Beachy Photos for C&C

I think those are fantastic Mr Greenbug. #s 1 and 2 are my favorites, I think you do a nice job capturing the beach/island spirit. If there was more time #2 would be a great entry in the "assignment 6" thread.

KSO (Keep shootin' on)

brendan

Thanks Brendan! It was a nice experience to have different beaches to take photos and really realize that one beach is totally different from another. []

Angelo
    Cheers!
    --

Very nice collection. I must admit, I thought the pictures kept getting better the farther down I looked. I think the second picture would look great on the cover of the annual report for energy company who owns the wind turbines. That said, the last picture would look right at home in a vacation brochure for a hotel. "Come, stay, relax--there's a hammock waiting for you."

I just sold my 18-55mm lens. These pictures make me want it back!! They are beautiful!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters

Very nice collection. I must admit, I thought the pictures kept getting better the farther down I looked. I think the second picture would look great on the cover of the annual report for energy company who owns the wind turbines. That said, the last picture would look right at home in a vacation brochure for a hotel. "Come, stay, relax--there's a hammock waiting for you."
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thank you very much Sean for your wonderful comments. I really appreciate it and it makes me want to shoot more. You've got nice suggestions too on the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

I just sold my 18-55mm lens. These pictures make me want it back!! They are beautiful!

Denise

Thanks Denise! I'm still in the process of maximizing the capabilities of the "kit lens". [] I hope when I am able to meet the limits of the "kit lens", I'll have enough dough to get me some new glass. []

For the mean time, it's shooting time..

Angelo
    Cheers!
    --

Awesome Angelo! I thought I commented you before on your wonderful pictures with your "simple kitlens" and here I am complementing you again!

Keep on going, I admire your work [Y] The last two pictures make me want to put my [H] on haha!

Jan

Great pics!! The 2nd and last are my favorites. The hammock makes me want to clean out my savings, quit my job and find a beach to lay on for a month!

I like them all MrGreenBug, thanks for sharing!

Angelo, I am actually pretty amazed by what you have done with, shall I say, "cheap" lenses. That water droplet with your 50 f/1.8, and now this! You sure are getting your money's worth [ip]

More sobering proof that gear doesn't do everything [:P]

brendan