Thread: mp3 of the 1DX

mp3 of the 1DX

So, I listened to the mp3 of the 1DX that Bryan posted.

All I could think of was how fast it went....

... and how long I'd be sitting in front of the computer, processing all those pictures in Photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterdown View Post
    So, I listened to the mp3 of the 1DX that Bryan posted.

All I could think of was how fast it went....

... and how long I'd be sitting in front of the computer, processing all those pictures in Photoshop.
    Sweet sound isn’t it;

It is actually worse than you think. When I went to the 1D IV my keeper rate jumped substantially because of the accuracy of the AF system.
    So with the new 1D X superior AF system not only would you take longer to review all the pictures, it will take you longer to pick just one specific winner when you have to sort through 30 near identical in focus pictures.

It is not a bad problem to have, but I find it easier to delete a bad picture than to pick between two really good near identical pictures.

Also we had a thread not long ago trying to find out if a person really needed a card faster than 60mbs. It appears with the burst rate and recycles time of the 1D X that thread will soon be obsolete.
    Last edited by HDNitehawk; 07-10-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Music to my ears...

I rarely use burst mode, but I must admit, that mp3 was impressive sounding. I listened to it three times in a row with an astonished grin on my face.

Wow, that is an amazing sound. The shutter motor must have three phase power.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

The high frame rates of the 1D cameras are often useful for birds in flight or action sports shots. I don't use it at my bird setups because I am waiting for the bird to pose just right before shooting and there is usually plenty of time to think about the shot. It will cause more editing time and fill up cards very quickly but it's worthwhile in certain situations....memory cards are getting bigger and cheaper just like hard drives